what headphones do you own thread - i own dt150's :)

Associate
Anyone here have the HD 560s? How would you rate them?

I was gonna go for the 58x but they'd take ages to arrive and with import fees etc they'll probably work out more expensive
They're really good. Reading Purrins review I thought they were going to be disappointing and while I do agree with some of his complaints, I ended up finding them a well balanced headphone. They do have a little too much energy in the upper mids but if one is used to the HD650 or even more so the HD600 I don't think it'll be a problem. There is no mid bass hump though to balance things out they're quite flat down to the low bass so they do miss out on some of that decay and bass body. They have almost an Audeze type tuning when it comes to the bass behaviour. The 58X have more of a traditional HD600 series type tuning where as the HD560S takes a different approach. Bass quality could be better on the HD560S but they're a little rough around the edges but worth it at £170. I don't think they're as good as the HE-5XX which punches way above it's weight but they do have a better timbre which the majority of Orthos lack in that area.

Associate
Audio Technica M50x 38 Ohm and Beyer Dynamic DT-770 250 Ohm.

The M50x are for music production (plugged directly into synths etc)

The DT-770 are plugged into a Benchmark Dac1HDR for listening to music.

Associate
How do the hifiman he5xx compare to the sen 6xx?

HE-5XX is more open, lively, but more disjointed. The HD650 is more focused, forward, muted in comparison. Detail is about the same but the HE-5XX takes less focus to pick up those small details. HD650 is more mid bassy so can sound a bit more sluggish while the HE-5XX is very light, quick to decay so sounds faster, cleaner.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
How do the hifiman he5xx compare to the sen 6xx?

Checkout Google and YouTube... this is a common question. Generally speaking, HE5xx flatter across the frequencies, but the 6xx is warmer and considered more enjoyable by many, but depends on the type of music you are into.

Soldato
Checkout Google and YouTube... this is a common question. Generally speaking, HE5xx flatter across the frequencies, but the 6xx is warmer and considered more enjoyable by many, but depends on the type of music you are into.
Currently have the 595s, will probably go 6xx

Soldato
Anyone got experience with using the Drop THX AAA 789? I’ve got one on order and just waiting on shipping.

it will be connected up to my panny ub820 under my tv so I can use it for hi-def digital music files . Means I can get some use of my hd650 as they have a balanced lead. They don’t get a look in on my main system as I’ve got hd800 as well.

I’m actually curious how the THX will sound up against the HDVD 800 headphone amp I’ve got on my main system.

Soldato
Anyone got experience with using the Drop THX AAA 789? I’ve got one on order and just waiting on shipping.

it will be connected up to my panny ub820 under my tv so I can use it for hi-def digital music files . Means I can get some use of my hd650 as they have a balanced lead. They don’t get a look in on my main system as I’ve got hd800 as well.

I’m actually curious how the THX will sound up against the HDVD 800 headphone amp I’ve got on my main system.
No experience with it but reviews pretty much say it's about as much amplification as you'll ever need for any headphones so I supposed you'll be alright!

Always wanted to try them. I've only tried the thx 888 SMSL sp200 from thx.

Soldato
Has anyone had any experience of the higher end Beyerdynamic open back headphones like the T1 3rd gen?
I'm looking to finally upgrade from my Fidelio X2 and want to splash the cash a little

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom