Dead people threads.

Soldato
Anyone else hate these?

Celebrity or someone tenuously famous person dies, make a thread about it.

Firstly 99% it's for the poster's own need for attention and to get replies to their thread.

99% the person who died wouldn't give a **** about what is said on some obscure computer hardware forum.

Everyone here will be dead one day, get over it.

And the thing that ***** me off the most, someone mildly famous dies and there is a post. Because the are on TV? Because you think you know them?

Codswallop

Caporegime
You know roughly 150,000 people die every day, yet because you've seen them in TV you think they are deserving of a thread over the other 149,999?

Presumably because that 1 person may have been an influence or had an effect on another persons life and as such feel sadness that they're no longer alive.

You'll be pleased to know that you'll be in the 149,999 group of people but as a result of this thread there will now probably be an 'RIP BUDFORCE' when the inevitable happens to you. So well done for that.

Soldato
No objection to the threads but all the people just posting RIP is a bit pious and looks like they hope the dead person does not return to haunt them.

A nice anecdote or memory is interesting though.

Edit; yeah nice one ^^.:p
Yeah exactly this. I think it's nice to discuss the person in question and what memories they bring to the surface.

As an example, I'm a massive Aliens franchise fan so for me it's nice to dig through and read any lesser known trivia about, say, Yaphet Kotto who died recently.

Soldato
Really, why are there not posts abour local heroes?

In our village we have postman Pete, he can't drive because he is too old, he delivers letters on a pushbike because he's too old to drive now. He delivers on Christmas day. I'm guessing they
obvious question perhaps - why didn't you create a thread about him, instead of whingeing about something else, if this meant so much to you?

Soldato
OP
And......... People but such ******** fake replies, "oh it's soo sad etc etc"

But.... You don't actually know that c lust celebrity do you? I mean personally, for all you know that person might have been a right **** in real life.

Soldato
And......... People but such ******** fake replies, "oh it's soo sad etc etc"

But.... You don't actually know that c lust celebrity do you? I mean personally, for all you know that person might have been a right **** in real life.

who cares about there personal life? When some musical artists die i feel sad because of how much i admire there work, memories from concerts ect. Nothing wrong with that.

Back
Top Bottom