**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
It is you selling it lol. Username on ebay matches your name haha
Bought a month back, signs up here to ask about phone not being WIFI calls compatible and that it has no band 20, puts it up for sale then advertises in the same post.

Yep, that's him.

Genuine member (in that he at least asked about his issue first) but still reported. Using the obvious way to avoid having to gain access to the Members Market.

Associate
Bought a month back, signs up here to ask about phone not being WIFI calls compatible and that it has no band 20, puts it up for sale then advertises in the same post.

Yep, that's him.

Genuine member (in that he at least asked about his issue first) but still reported. Using the obvious way to avoid having to gain access to the Members Market.

Ah the members market. I shall be able to enter soon! I hope its as good as I imagine haha.

My message got removed? Was that against rules or something? My bad if it was.

Soldato
Just picked up a Xiaomi Redmi 9 64GB for the mother-in-law as a replacement for her Redmi 4a. Really amazed by it for £99. I can't believe what you get for your money, and while setting it up it's not exactly slow either.

Caporegime
Guys I need an upgrade from my Note 8, which whilst still soldiering on, has multiple fractures and image retention / screen burn from years of maximum brightness abuse.

Not being prepared to pay Samsung prices any longer, my head turns towards Chinese offerings.

Budget is ideally close to £500...are there any obvious candidates here? Should I wait for the Mi 11?

Priorities are a big high quality screen for YouTube and videos of my family, and a good camera.

Associate
With Samsungs 4yr update pledge, they are probably worth the extra over a high end chinese phone, my mi phones ( poco f1, mi9 , mi10 lite ) are far behind my s10 in the update stakes.

Soldato
uc

Just picked up a Xiaomi Redmi 9 64GB for the mother-in-law as a replacement for her Redmi 4a. Really amazed by it for £99. I can't believe what you get for your money, and while setting it up it's not exactly slow either.

Silly bargain On HUKD this morning.
2 x Redmi 9

Last edited:
Soldato
Forgot about this thread, oops...

Following on from this thread, I've reduced my budget and choices - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/threads/replacement-for-galaxy-s10e.18922992/

Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro - fast chipset, 120hz LCD screen, UFS 3.1 storage, can add a memory card, mediocre camera

Xiaomi Poco F3 - faster chipset, 120hz AMOLED, UFS 3.1, no memory card support, mediocre camera

Xiaomi Note 10 Pro - slow chipset, 120hz AMOLED, only UFS 2.2, memory card support, decent camera

Realme 8 Pro - slowest chipset, 60hz OLED, UFS 2.1, memory card support, decent camera

Any other options? After getting my wife and son one each, I've become a Xiaomi fan boy, but I am actually open to other makes too! :D

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Forgot about this thread, oops...

Following on from this thread, I've reduced my budget and choices - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/threads/replacement-for-galaxy-s10e.18922992/

Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro - fast chipset, 120hz LCD screen, UFS 3.1 storage, can add a memory card, mediocre camera

Xiaomi Poco F3 - faster chipset, 120hz AMOLED, UFS 3.1, no memory card support, mediocre camera

Xiaomi Note 10 Pro - slow chipset, 120hz AMOLED, only UFS 2.2, memory card support, decent camera

Realme 8 Pro - slowest chipset, 60hz OLED, UFS 2.1, memory card support, decent camera

Any other options? After getting my wife and son one each, I've become a Xiaomi fan boy, but I am actually open to other makes too! :D
10T Pro has just dropped to £400 if you want Xiaomi. Or OnePlus 8T for £450.

Caporegime
Lol, Xiaomi have 80W wireless charging and 120W for wired with their new phones. They're also offering units with or without the wired charger for the same price.

Xiaomi Mega Launch 2021 Event
  • 80W wireless charging stand being offered for an additional ~$30.
  • A new wireless charging pad, can charge up to 3 devices, and it includes 19 coils so can charge in almost any position, ~$90.
  • GN2 sensor looks good especially low light/astro but to be expected at their own launch event.
  • New phone(s) have 1920FPS slow-mo, might have been at 1080p as well :D.
  • Really make a deal about its water resistence :p.
  • 5000mAh battery

If this large battery and its new tech translates to a very good battery, and the camera is decent - definitely could be tempted.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom