• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia Re-Size Bar/SAM support is live for some cards, more in March - 10% performance gains

Soldato
I have wondered about this, but not sure if it only becomes an issue if they nerf a performance metric on the spec sheet. An alternative solution that I've heard is that they could EOL all current SKU, and generate a new SKU for the same cards with updated BIOS.

Like EOL the 3080 and launch the 3080ti with very similar specs but 12GB or 20GB vram and nerfed mining performance...

Soldato
Thought I would double check as I updated the VBIOS originally on performance mode only but I always leave it in the quiet mode. Downloaded the VBIOS again while in quiet mode and it says the VBIOS is already up to date so it seems to have updated both.
On my palit gamerock 3090s I had to flip the Vbios switch and flash the second one. Of course no mention of that in the read me file or the site to run it twice. Always worth checking.

Soldato
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z370-AORUS-Gaming-7-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

I just checked gigabyte to see if they have Resizable BAR support for my Z370 motherboard yet and holy crap to my surprise they released F15b BIOS on 23 March 2021 to enabled Resizable BAR. :eek: :D :cool:

giphy.gif

Will download F15b BIOS and update it now.

So now waiting for MSI to release VBIOS for my RTX 3080 Suprim X!

Soldato
OP
Well it is free so no harm in trying and if it has an negative effect disable it.

There is no risk of negative like with AMD. Nvidia tests the games and uses a whitelist system in its driver, resize bar only enables when the game you play is confirmed to have performance improvement. So far only a few games are on the whitelist, so resize bar will remain disabled in most games - the whitelist will grow as new drivers are released

current whitelist

• Assassin's Creed Valhalla
  • Battlefield V
  • Borderlands 3
  • Forza Horizon 4
  • Gears 5
  • Metro Exodus
  • Red Dead Redemption 2
  • Watch Dogs: Legion

edit: following on from this, I believe tomorrow Nvidia will release another press statement and new driver for resize bar

Last edited:
Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Not all users, only those with compatible hardware. :p

:p

Come on, they are begrudgingly offering it to previous gen as best they can. OK it might be a hassle rolling out BIOS updates and driver teams doing more than normal. As this has been a feature that was possible over a decade ago its about time they showed face from their billions made over the years and reward the 'gamers' no? I think it may have been a non-starter when cards had less than 4Gb of VRAM, but now with c2018+ cards having lots of spare VRAM to go about it only makes sense to let it be so.

Permabanned
:p

Come on, they are begrudgingly offering it to previous gen as best they can. OK it might be a hassle rolling out BIOS updates and driver teams doing more than normal. As this has been a feature that was possible over a decade ago its about time they showed face from their billions made over the years and reward the 'gamers' no? I think it may have been a non-starter when cards had less than 4Gb of VRAM, but now with c2018+ cards having lots of spare VRAM to go about it only makes sense to let it be so.

No its a great feature and nice to have/be given it. Just saying there are probably a load of Nvidia 3000 card owners it wont work with as they have a board/cpu a few years old. Me until I upgrade for one. :p (Probably upgrade this year anyway)

Soldato
There is a post by asrock staff claiming its coming to their z370 boards, although still no bios for my board.

Fingers crossed I will be able to use on 9900k/z370 combo.

http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts...le=resizable-bar-support-to-z370-series#84769

--

update it is there, I had to scroll down to beta versions, they called it clever access memory. :)

Will wait until Nvidia release bios for the 3080 FE before flashing it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom