Platypus' Beginners Guide to Running

Soldato
No, nothing. I've been trying a foam roller and there's no pain or discomfort if i prod/poke anything. It just feels "wrong" when i pull my foot towards me/point my toes away. Walking around normally doesn't feel too bad, but stairs are humbling.

It loosens up and then doesn't feel too bad, but then with no warning it'll suddenly just go weak and stiff.

daz

daz

Soldato
Been running for about 6 weeks now and have signed up for Windsor half for something to aim for. Really enjoying the process so far, getting out and going for a run and just switching off I'm finding brilliant.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Terrible run yesterday, total lack of sleep on Saturday, crap nutrition = a terrible 90mins of nothing but pain and misery the only thing i found enjoyable was the 40mins i forgot i was running and what shall I have for supper, to top it off somehow I also picked up a niggle or at least it feels like a niggle, Foam roller tonight as I hate it and it makes me squeel like a baby.

#running sucks :)

Soldato
I must have stolen all your positive running karma. Yesterday was comfortably my longest run of the year, 27km and 800m+ of ascent. Felt pretty good too, even in some pretty terrible weather.

At least your next run should be better!

Soldato
I must have stolen all your positive running karma. Yesterday was comfortably my longest run of the year, 27km and 800m+ of ascent. Felt pretty good too, even in some pretty terrible weather.

At least your next run should be better!

Awesome stuff.

My stepdaughter came home drunk and I had to carry her upstairs. That didn’t do my ankle injury any good at all. Been sat with an ice pack in it as it swelled up like a *******.

Soldato
Awesome stuff.

My stepdaughter came home drunk and I had to carry her upstairs. That didn’t do my ankle injury any good at all. Been sat with an ice pack in it as it swelled up like a *******.

Of all the ways to get injured I think I've managed most, but that's a new one even for me :cry:

Hope your ankle recovers quickly.

Soldato
It's feeling a little better thanks. Still avoiding running, but went paddleboarding last night for 90mins or so, and then today had to get some tyres fitted so walked for ~45 mins while i waited and it's feeling ok.

Hoping maybe i can try a run over the weekend.

Soldato
Must be contagious, my started niggling :p

Of course I was being stubborn and tried to make Mizuno trainers work, despite setting my best 10k time the other day my arches are in bits now.

Soldato
Alright Chaps, I've got a Garmin Vivoactive (the first one) and been tempting to upgrade it for a bit. I have noticed on Wiggle they have the 645 music. Any thoughts on this one? It is cheaper than the 245 yet has music and garmin pay so seems better.

Associate
Alright Chaps, I've got a Garmin Vivoactive (the first one) and been tempting to upgrade it for a bit. I have noticed on Wiggle they have the 645 music. Any thoughts on this one? It is cheaper than the 245 yet has music and garmin pay so seems better.

I don't believe Garmin pay is supported by many banks still so definitely worth checking that out before you buy.

Back
Top Bottom