*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Man of Honour
I've never had it CTD (other than when I tried to do silly things which doesn't count).

Stuttering seems a mixed bag with the game - some specific areas of the game seem to need at least 8 real cores and 12+ threads HT/SMT to run smoothly aside from the other potential performance issues (unless you turn down some settings).

Associate
Stuttering seems a mixed bag with the game - some specific areas of the game seem to need at least 8 real cores and 12+ threads HT/SMT to run smoothly aside from the other potential performance issues (unless you turn down some settings).

I had a really strange issue late in the game - a mission with Takemura where you have to break into a facility.

I was determined to hack my way and as soon as I applied the breach protocol the game dropped to single digit frames (Ryzen 5600x, 3080, 32Gb). I closed the game and reloaded - it was fine until I hacked a camera. So I reloaded the game and entered the facility a different way - fine until I hack a completely different camera. The CPU usage hit 100% and starved the GPU. I could wander around the facility and have gun fights etc, just couldnt hack. Weirdly I could hack something and save the game. It would grind to a halt, but if I reloaded the save it was fine. So, if that is the issue you encountered I think it was a bug - although it does initially look like a lack of CPU power.

Soldato
  • Cyberpsychos and minibosses are now immune to Tranquilizer rounds and System Reset Quickhack.
Massive change there, gone is the entire usefulness of the tranq rounds.

I think that's pretty fair, TBH.
Having subsequently read up on why people were saying they were so hard to take down, it seems they were meant to be properly challenging. The walkthroughs even break some down into stages, whereas being able to bypass all that with one simple Quickhack without even revealing your position is quite an overpowered mechanic.
They're meant to be digital psychos, like the kind hopped up on PCP and all the other tropes. Yes, you could probably just blow them to pieces, but you're meant to be taking them alive.

Soldato
"Police now spawn further away"

Translation: We don't know how or can't be bothered to improve the system, so we'll just stop them spawning right next to you and hope you stop complaining/noticing how jank it is :p

Half joking, it looks like a pretty comprehensive patch which will hopefully sort out a lot of the more annoying issues - here's hoping they keep going until it's fully sorted out

Caporegime
"Police now spawn further away"

Translation: We don't know how or can't be bothered to improve the system, so we'll just stop them spawning right next to you and hope you stop complaining/noticing how jank it is :p

Half joking, it looks like a pretty comprehensive patch which will hopefully sort out a lot of the more annoying issues - here's hoping they keep going until it's fully sorted out

TBF, most open world games with a law system probably do just have the police spawn somewhere far out of sight i.e. gta 5/rdr 2...... it's not like you have the police getting a call in, them getting ready with guns and so on at the police station to then drive out of the parking lot to where you are.....

Associate
TBF, most open world games with a law system probably do just have the police spawn somewhere far out of sight i.e. gta 5/rdr 2...... it's not like you have the police getting a call in, them getting ready with guns and so on at the police station to then drive out of the parking lot to where you are.....

Noooo! In GTA5, the police get woken up, spill donuts and coffee (with raytraced droplets) on their rush to the patrol car. When you get to four wanted stars, extra cops get recalled from actual holiday, payroll staff have to tot up their overtime etc etc. It's in no way a thin veneer of scripted behaviour!

Caporegime
Noooo! In GTA5, the police get woken up, spill donuts and coffee (with raytraced droplets) on their rush to the patrol car. When you get to four wanted stars, extra cops get recalled from actual holiday, payroll staff have to tot up their overtime etc etc. It's in no way a thin veneer of scripted behaviour!
:D :D :D

Soldato

Of course, I'm fully aware of that - which is why I said "Half joking"

So in say GTA from what I can tell there are police officers on foot or in patrol cars randomly wandering/driving around all the time who will react if they see a crime being committed nearby. Then once the wanted system is formally triggered yes, new cop cars or bikes or SUVs or whatever spawn somewhere far enough away as to be out of sight and then drive to the player, the cops get out etc.

Compared to the (old) system in CP2077 where it looked like cops literally just appear out of thin air right next to you or behind you in a space they physically wouldn't be able to even get into. The patch notes made it sound like the exact same thing happens they've just changed iCopSpawnRadius from 5 units to 20 or something. So you might still see them simply appear from nothing only this time they'll be slightly further away. (In reality maybe they've done something better, hard to say, hence me saying "half joking").

I think it would have been a cool solution (assuming they can't do police cars spawning around the corner and driving in AI) to have something like Futurama's pneumatic tubes or like cylindrical manholes in the street through which the police deploy. Solves the problem of having them pop into thin air without too much AI complication. Could even tactically setup traps around the spawn-point Bioshock big-daddy fight style. Or have some option where you infiltrate the cop network by getting yourself into one of the elevators on its way back down for a chance to get ahold of some good loot

Caporegime
Of course, I'm fully aware of that - which is why I said "Half joking"

So in say GTA from what I can tell there are police officers on foot or in patrol cars randomly wandering/driving around all the time who will react if they see a crime being committed nearby. Then once the wanted system is formally triggered yes, new cop cars or bikes or SUVs or whatever spawn somewhere far enough away as to be out of sight and then drive to the player, the cops get out etc.

Compared to the (old) system in CP2077 where it looked like cops literally just appear out of thin air right next to you or behind you in a space they physically wouldn't be able to even get into. The patch notes made it sound like the exact same thing happens they've just changed iCopSpawnRadius from 5 units to 20 or something. So you might still see them simply appear from nothing only this time they'll be slightly further away. (In reality maybe they've done something better, hard to say, hence me saying "half joking").

I think it would have been a cool solution (assuming they can't do police cars spawning around the corner and driving in AI) to have something like Futurama's pneumatic tubes or like cylindrical manholes in the street through which the police deploy. Solves the problem of having them pop into thin air without too much AI complication. Could even tactically setup traps around the spawn-point Bioshock big-daddy fight style. Or have some option where you infiltrate the cop network by getting yourself into one of the elevators on its way back down for a chance to get ahold of some good loot

Yup I know you were joking but sadly a lot of people are serious, just see the comments that were posted when CDPR released the video, granted was a pretty poor video/example :o

Everyone keeps saying the NPCs are terrible etc., whilst they aren't the best, it's not like GTA 5/RDR 2 etc. NPCs AI (outside of side missions/quests) was that much better either..... At best, you stare at someone for long enough, they give you cheek and either get in a fist fight or gun fight, that was pretty much it....

There are some NPCs in rdr 2 who seem to have a predefined system/path where they go from work to home and so on at set times but again, this is done on a very small scale. It would be impossible with the current tech today to do this on a large scale and make it seem somewhat believable, especially in a massive dense city like night city.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom