Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Whilst I'm sure it has surprised a few people, the drivers of most cars out there aren't trying to outdrag anyone. ;)

Get a map on it and wang it up Santa Pod when we're allowed to again. :D

The exhaust looks very odd to me, the bumper hasn't been styled to accommodate it at all! :p
I know a few decent twisty roads in sussex….. ;) when its possible I think it would be rude not to see if a few OCUKers want to come along for a meet n greet ;)

Soldato
Gibbos Corvette from a few pages back is incredible! I remember having a toy car of that in light blue and always wanted one. I'm guessing the go for silly money these days? :D

OcUK Staff
Gibbos Corvette from a few pages back is incredible! I remember having a toy car of that in light blue and always wanted one. I'm guessing the go for silly money these days? :D

Thank you.
I paid 18k and I consider myself lucky in finding it, the car was not listed for sale but I have been searching for a C3 Corvette for a while and was ideally after an 80/81 model as I like the moudled aero design on the 80+ and of course the 80 and later cars lost around 100kg in weight, but I was struggling to find anything that was honest and clean. I spoke to some guys who have solid reputations for bringing cars in who were very helpful but only had older stuff available, like chrome bumper Corvettes and big block V8 models, neither for me.

I was asking on Corvette forums if anyone knew of any available and by pure luck a member their posted he would be considering to sell his and it would be cheap as he wanted what it cost him three years ago, 18k, he had since put 4k into the car, all documentation and he was looking for 18k, as such I instantly snapped his hand off, because even though it was not an 80+ car it was a Pace Car and in my eyes something very special and extremely rare here in the UK.

As such a deal was done, I have since joined various clubs and the helpfulness and friendliness is incredible as I have some new stuff to learn in car mechanics, carburetor for a start and vacuum-operated systems as I prefer to work on my own cars, job is done correct then or not rushed/bodged or over charged, though I am hunting around to try and find someone I trust as though I am quite Ok at working on cars I am no expert.

I've had a few conversations since including with a guy who was also after one and has been looking at the one up for sale at 28k but he found some issues with it and when he found out I paid 18k he said I got an incredible deal on it as he would have happily paid 22-24k for my car.

Join the CCCUK club, the best cars for sale seem to appear there and general rule are thumb seems to be, 10k might get you an OK C3 but unlikely, the nicer ones start around 15k and the more you spend over 15k generally the nicer they are, this is the newer C3's, the older chrome bumper models and big block models tend to be 20k plus for nice cars and Pace Cars are rare, I consider myself lucky, only other one for sale in UK is Dolph Lungrens ex ride and is around 30k I think.

I can see it been a car I keep a very long time, its very relaxing to drive and the people who own them are generally very knowledgeable and very nice people, one guy was telling me how he would often take a set of bends in his C3 Corvette at 120-130mph when he was younger as in his 60's back then and I just thought to myself he must have massive balls as I've approached a tonne in mine in a straight line thats scary enough but from what he was telling me his was pretty sorted. :D

I am now part of the "one of the rare people who actually bought an Alpine rather than a Cayman" club :)

bgUZqL9.jpg

That is stunning!

Associate
Gave it a wash on sat and today is one of the first times I have managed to see it clean whilst the sun is out, and it's properly run in!

i.php

20210329163314-6338b6dc-xl.jpg

Had to buy some Matt wash + detailer for the wheels as they wouldn't clean properly with anything else, still pondering over changing the colour of them, but for now (and since I spent money on something to wash them) they can stay as they are :)

Soldato
Thank you.
I paid 18k and I consider myself lucky in finding it, the car was not listed for sale but I have been searching for a C3 Corvette for a while and was ideally after an 80/81 model as I like the moudled aero design on the 80+ and of course the 80 and later cars lost around 100kg in weight, but I was struggling to find anything that was honest and clean. I spoke to some guys who have solid reputations for bringing cars in who were very helpful but only had older stuff available, like chrome bumper Corvettes and big block V8 models, neither for me.

well that's really not as much as I was expecting but like someone else said they did make lots of them (albeit I doubt there is a huge number over here). Maybe If I keep full time WFH after lockdown then I can finally sample some V8 Americana.

Soldato
I am now part of the "one of the rare people who actually bought an Alpine rather than a Cayman" club :)

bgUZqL9.jpg
You weren't in Herts yesterday were you? :D Really love these. You'll get 33% window gazers wondering what car it is, 33% admiring what it is, and 33% expecting it to be James May driving.

Back
Top Bottom