Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Soldato
If it's in modem mode then it's just a modem. It's not doing any routing so you need something else to do that. The Cloud Key isn't a router, it's just a management device.

Why not leave the Virgin Hub in router mode, disable the onboard WiFi and then use your UniFi AP's for that.

Soldato
Good question, if I set the VM Hub 4 to modem mode its it just passing the line through?

I have a Cloud Key 2

when in modem mode the hub will still handle the conversion of the coax signals to ethernet data. intel puma chipset still has some latency issues in that regard which is why even in modem mode people still have latency issues under higher traffic loads.

Soldato
when in modem mode the hub will still handle the conversion of the coax signals to ethernet data. intel puma chipset still has some latency issues in that regard which is why even in modem mode people still have latency issues under higher traffic loads.
Good to know, so can I just disable wifi on the Hub and let that be the DHCP server?

Soldato
Was there a software update for the Hub 3 today / recently? Ours is in modem mode but I haven't been able to get a connection all day. My router just shows it as disconnected, it won't let me connect via IP address and it has a red light on but not the usual connection issues light. Ran the test on the virgin site and it doesn't show any problems but it also says the red light means overheating but its in its usual place with plenty of ventilation. :confused:

Will try turning it off again for a while.

Back
Top Bottom