• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080ti preorders will be cheaper that 3080 now prices?

Caporegime
The RRP is supposed to be $999
Do you think the first wave and preorders will be sold near that or will the gouge begin and already put them 50% higher?

Is it even worth a pre-order?

Not even sure I should care. Get any hopes up. :p

Soldato
In addition from what Gibbo has said, the msrp of a lot of these cards was never realistic, and they actually received money from the manufacturer to get them that low for the very first batch.

Soldato
If the 12GB of VRAM is true and the 20GB has been sacked off, then I'd be getting a 3090 now if you can get one for maybe a couple of hundred over RRP.

I think it's been very poor that Nvidia can't decide and put something in concrete of specs for the Ti. If they can't make 3080's to fill the demand then I'd be surprised to see a 3080Ti at all particularly as they've just repurposed 40k+ GPU for dedicated mining cards with no video output. May as well go full monty 3090 at current prices if they are somewhat available. Current prices for all cards new & second hand is just ridiculous, particulalrly for gamers.

What should have happened is that gamers got them all and scalped them all to miners. :D

Associate
If the 12GB of VRAM is true and the 20GB has been sacked off, then I'd be getting a 3090 now if you can get one for maybe a couple of hundred over RRP.

I think it's been very poor that Nvidia can't decide and put something in concrete of specs for the Ti. If they can't make 3080's to fill the demand then I'd be surprised to see a 3080Ti at all particularly as they've just repurposed 40k+ GPU for dedicated mining cards with no video output. May as well go full monty 3090 at current prices if they are somewhat available. Current prices for all cards new & second hand is just ridiculous, particulalrly for gamers.

What should have happened is that gamers got them all and scalped them all to miners. :D

Its basically a 3090 with half the memory and probably half the memory bandwidth as well to boot.

Soldato
Pretty sure nothing's been announced MSRP or AIB price wise, feel like the TI's will always sit at the mid point between the 3080 and the 3090 expecting less seems beyond overly optimistic.

There's been people convinced that this card is coming since October last year. Personally, I don't think there's any room in the stack for it.

Caporegime
OP
Yea, apologies if I'm coming across as critical of your OP, that's not my intention. I've said all along that there's no room for a 3080ti this gen... But I'm not putting that across as fact, just my gut feeling. :)

I agree tbh. The order in which they released stuff this time around makes the Ti pointless. Really... i was just thinking about being able to get one...

I really want an Aorus to fit with my Motherboard and Rainbowpuke RGB. I wanna put nyan cat on the screen. Yeah im that stupid.

Associate
Folks are chomping at the bit for the big rush of 3080ti in 6 weeks as ABI's have been holding back chips, ect. All the while ABIs are telling investors they've been having upstream supply issues for 30xx chips.
I just don't see this much delayed launch being anything other than yet another slow trickle of cards. I don't want to dash anyone's hopes but I've never been one for wishful thinking.

Back
Top Bottom