New Dell IPS S2721DGF 165hz gaming monitor

Associate
I received mine on the 27th and it has a build date of Dec 2020. Loving it so far but also experiencing the over saturation of colours (particularly red). Slight headache and eye strain issue which looks to be sorted by reducing brightness and contrast to 60/60.

I've played around the settings a bit and improved the saturation. My settings are gain R91,G91,B98. Saturation R43, G47 and B48. HDR off. Everything else left as default. I have the Dell drivers and ICC loaded and nvidia control panel set to 10bit. Will see how I go.

Tried upping the contrast and lowering the brightness yesterday, but the headaches came back so on 60/60 again for now. Feel like whites could be whiter though.

Soldato
Is the flickering when playing games a fault or just how the screen is? I'm thinking of getting rid because of it, I've done a windows reinstall so it's nothing Windows related, I can't think what it is apart from something to do with G-Sync, but I don't want G-Sync off, I buy a monitor with G-Sync because I want to us it, but I don't expect such sickly flickering :(

I haven't tried a firmware update yet, maybe there is a firmware update that can help me. *prays*

Soldato
Me niether... I'm guessing a faulty monitor or some weird combination of graphics setting with refresh rate and freesync, but the latter is just a wild guess. @willhub have you tried turning g-sync off?

Soldato
The S2721DGF is EOL, yes, but it's been replaced by the S2721DGFA which is still available. It's the same screen, for all intents and purposes.

Pretty much anyone who's ordered one since Oct last year had the A model.

The same monitor as far as anyone knows, the A varient was just to meet energy consuption requirements, so the 'out of the box' default brightness setting was dialed down a few notches to satisfy energy consumption guidelines.

Back
Top Bottom