Any conswole like cases with a sllim ODD cutout & the PSU in the back laying on it's side?

Associate
Also why you worried about psu placement? As long as its in there....

But yeah check out fractals node line. My 605 is gorgeous. Discontinued now though sadly

And the Silverstone grandia line I think they're called. They look a bit cheap/plastic compared to the brushed aluminum fractals but they're apparently quite good.

Soldato
OP
Raven RVZ02 ? Not 100% sure about placement of PSU.
I have 1, infront of the MB. Plus the GPU facing down when flat on the desk kind of worries me. Seems ok, but still.

There's loads. What kind of size you mean though. Like series x or the smaller xbox one?

Nzxt have actually made a rip off series x case pretty much.

Around RVZ02 size. Wish the RVZ03 had a slim ODD spot, it looks awesome.

Also why you worried about psu placement? As long as its in there....
Not sure, just seems it could exhuast heat better in the back. The Silversone Gran. doesn't have riser slots.

Soldato
Think most modern/recent cases are just not offering it. Can see there is the Silverstone ML09, which looks a bit on the chonky side. Might have to look at older cases like Antec ISK 300 or something. Not sure if any of the fairly recent Shuttle cases/systems would fit what you're looking for.

Soldato
OP
Think most modern/recent cases are just not offering it. Can see there is the Silverstone ML09, which looks a bit on the chonky side. Might have to look at older cases like Antec ISK 300 or something. Not sure if any of the fairly recent Shuttle cases/systems would fit what you're looking for.
Does shuttle do just cases. thought they sold full systems?

Associate
I have 1, infront of the MB. Plus the GPU facing down when flat on the desk kind of worries me. Seems ok, but still.

Around RVZ02 size. Wish the RVZ03 had a slim ODD spot, it looks awesome.

Not sure, just seems it could exhuast heat better in the back. The Silversone Gran. doesn't have riser slots.
If you haven't already considered it, an external USB optical drive is what I use. I very very rarely use cds though. Everything is download nowadays.

Associate
Not sure why the trend now is no ODD, what software store have you ever walked in & they had software boxes of USB flash drives?

What software store do you walk into full stop these days? Serious question for you as it seems you have some specific requirements that are not met by general demand these days.

I had a huge external DVD drive for the rare times I needed a drive, recently replaced by a slimline external Vantec drive/enclosure for pure convenience - it rarely gets used though!

Back
Top Bottom