Bent Pins What Next (Help)

Associate
Hi i need some help/info on what to do next i have a ROG Maximums IX Formula MB with a i7-7700k. The rig was bought 2nd hand but i did see the rig working in person b4 i bought it. it was bought what 16Gb Ram 2x8 of Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz. The system was running fine untill i bought a new set of Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz the RAM is the same that's in the system 2x8 of Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz so now up to 32Gbs. Then it did not post & getting a load ov post errors. So i removed the CPU to find a load ov pins bent on the MB. I have lookup on the fix but my eyes are not up the job on bending bck pins is it worth it to send the bord 4 a fix in a shop or buy a new bord there a few pins bent on it

Associate
OP
Thanks for reply i cannot take a pic @ the min. May sound daft but i don't use a smartphone i can get some pics of the pins 2morr if can have a look that will be fantastic let me know to send them
Thanks Stephen

Associate
OP
I know it's a bit strange but after looking around i have found that the CPU & the MB can post even with some bent pins that's why i was getting a ok post with 2 dims on A1/B1 ram slots But A1/A2/B1/B2 not posting with a RAM Error

Soldato
That's not as bad as I was expecting. I've seen worse cases fixed, that's not to say it can definitely be fixed, maybe the metal is too stressed to go back. It's certainly worth a try though.

Permabanned
I can be attempted using a very fine pair of tweezers but its not guaranteed. I would just buy a pair of strong reading glasses. Honestly I am not sure a shop would do any better and would probably charge you even if they broke it. It may be easier to just buy a used board off the bay.

Back
Top Bottom