The Sony A73/A7R3/A7S3/A9 Thread

Soldato
Soldato
I finally get my A7R4 and there's no English option. There's French. Is there anyway to access English. Said item was purchased from Pano moz? The manual is in English and the box has English & Japanese on it only.

Just waiting to hear From Pano moz but in the meantime it's going to be a pain to learn French unless I can get a visual representation of the A7R4 menue system in English and set things up by cross-referencing between the two (languages).

Last edited:
Caporegime
It is really weird though as I have never seen cameras with just French & Japanese. I know there are some grey imports which are 100% only japanese but if you have one western language, you tend to have all of them.

Soldato
It is really weird though as I have never seen cameras with just French & Japanese. I know there are some grey imports which are 100% only japanese but if you have one western language, you tend to have all of them.
There are 18 languages in total (sorry for the misconception), including the European- but no English. I've never seen anything like this either. They've asked me to photograph them, which I have just done and sent. It's a bit disappointing really as I was ready to go on arrival. I got the Smallrig and the base/tripod plate, the 1.4 tele and the 200-600 - batteries charged etc :(

Edit: At least they are sending me a new unit out and have apologised. Likewise they have not seen this before and have indicated they will have to check more thoroughly in future prior to sending.

Last edited:
Soldato
Eeeek after dribbling over the A7iii for ages, I might be finally biting the bullet and buying one today (second hand) :D.
The ergonomics are an improvement. Really comfortable-don't need a battery grip with a rig. A mate let me have a go of his Canon R6 on Saturday but I don't like the feel and shape of it.
I'm keeping my A73 for a while. It does everything I require admirably except for giving the extra reach- hence the purchase of the A7R4.

Caporegime
Eeeek after dribbling over the A7iii for ages, I might be finally biting the bullet and buying one today (second hand) :D.

Will be lots coming up for sale soon since Sony has released the details of the a7iv and its the same list price as what the a7iii was.

Looks like a lot of camera for the money with new sensor, A92 AF, fold over screen, new menus etc.

Caporegime
Will be lots coming up for sale soon since Sony has released the details of the a7iv and its the same list price as what the a7iii was.

Looks like a lot of camera for the money with new sensor, A92 AF, fold over screen, new menus etc.
Has crossed my mind but for ~£2k I could potentially get an A7iii (second hand), a Tamron 28-75 and a Samyang 85 1.4 (second hand). That's only going to get me the body or possibly up to £500 short for the A7IV.

Soldato
Wait where had the A7iv been leaked, other than the April fools one I haven't seen anything concrete.

I was all set for the A7iii but then went for the C for the better AF and more compact size.

Caporegime
Wait where had the A7iv been leaked, other than the April fools one I haven't seen anything concrete.

I was all set for the A7iii but then went for the C for the better AF and more compact size.

Oh **** was that an aprils fool? It only popped up in my notification yesterday

Caporegime
yeah I saw that the A7r3 and 4 get a free lcd screen update amongst other things. Apparently Sony are struggling to get enough low res panels so they are been forced to use higher res ones. Lots of ****** off A1 buyers who still get the low res panel.

Soldato
Well just testing the waters, and I've not much invested in my Nikon gear(D7000, nifty fifty, 200-500mm, 18-55mm), what would be a good upgrade for shooting Wildlife, usually Birds in flight?

I could get a decent D850 for about £1800, and maybe this would be better that a Z6II, but the Sonys do look nice.

Soldato
Well just testing the waters, and I've not much invested in my Nikon gear(D7000, nifty fifty, 200-500mm, 18-55mm), what would be a good upgrade for shooting Wildlife, usually Birds in flight?

I could get a decent D850 for about £1800, and maybe this would be better that a Z6II, but the Sonys do look nice.
Do you want AF ability, high MP, does size of camera matter.

For birds and AF ability and if you have the money the A1 is great for birds. Next for AF ability is actually the A7C but that's a smaller body, then you have the A9II, then the A7RIV.
For MP again A1 is top choice, then A7RIV.

Soldato
Do you want AF ability, high MP, does size of camera matter.

For birds and AF ability and if you have the money the A1 is great for birds. Next for AF ability is actually the A7C but that's a smaller body, then you have the A9II, then the A7RIV.
For MP again A1 is top choice, then A7RIV.

The A1 is a nice bit of kit, but out of my price range, and I think the A7C would be too small for my hands.

Thanks for the advice rob, I'll have a think about it.

Back
Top Bottom