What Virtual Reality games are you playing?

Associate
Just been sent a 30% off code by Oculus. I've shortlisted these but can't decide what to go for:
  • Pistol Whip
  • Boneworks
  • Stormland
  • Medal of Honour
  • Blade & Sorcery
Suggestions?

Soldato
Just been sent a 30% off code by Oculus. I've shortlisted these but can't decide what to go for:
  • Pistol Whip
  • Boneworks
  • Stormland
  • Medal of Honour
  • Blade & Sorcery
Suggestions?

Tough choice, they are all so different. My suggestion, would be to pick the one that you want to play Natively on your Quest 2. Because anything you don't play natively can be bought on Steam or through other sites. And usually these other stores have sales more often than Oculus does.

Associate
Tough choice, they are all so different. My suggestion, would be to pick the one that you want to play Natively on your Quest 2. Because anything you don't play natively can be bought on Steam or through other sites. And usually these other stores have sales more often than Oculus does.

Decent thinking. I think the only one there that will run natively on my Quest 2 is Pistol Whip, however Stormland is an Oculus exclusive so I won't get that on sale elsewhere.

Soldato
Playing a lot of Cosmodread which I've nicknamed 'Dread Space' as it owes a lot to games like Dead Space, though it's a rogue style game where the levels are randomly generated and it's different every time you play, plus you unlock items for further playthroughs.

It's genuinely tense and scary, though as it's an indie game the graphics won't win any awards. However the in-game interactions and inventory are very well done.

Underboss
i wouldn't bother with MoH unfortunately
reviews are crap, good to start with but just gets worse

Pistol Whip is good, if you like Beat Saber

boneworks id probably get

blade & sorcery is really limited (from what i can see) , id look at reviews first

Associate
Opted for Pistol Whip. Always good to have more stuff running straight off the headset with no faffing about. Seems good fun after the first couple of plays.

Soldato
Opted for Pistol Whip. Always good to have more stuff running straight off the headset with no faffing about. Seems good fun after the first couple of plays.
Pistol Whip is making me hurt in places I wasn't expecting. :cry:

haha, Pistol Whip is brilliant game. Really enjoy it. Almost as much as Beat Saber.

And, as you are finding out, I think it moves you a lot more than Beat Saber does. Especially with all the ducking and dodging you have to do.

Associate
haha, Pistol Whip is brilliant game. Really enjoy it. Almost as much as Beat Saber.

And, as you are finding out, I think it moves you a lot more than Beat Saber does. Especially with all the ducking and dodging you have to do.

It's the attempts to bend my body backwards but maintain my balance, Matrix style, without falling over that's doing it. My thighs, glutes and abs are killing me. :D

Soldato
It's the attempts to bend my body backwards but maintain my balance, Matrix style, without falling over that's doing it. My thighs, glutes and abs are killing me. :D

LOL. yeah, while playing Pistol whip, In my mind I think I look like Neo dodging bullets in the Matrix, but in reality I am barely tilting my head back and just swinging my arms in air :p:D

Soldato
Still playing Cosmodread. Managed to complete it twice. I'm trying to find and unlock the rest of the blueprints for other equipment. Due to the randomness some equipment items are rare and only appear occasionally.

I also tried this wirelessly on the Quest 2 (as well as wired on my Index), and it's nice to be able to rotate around freely rather than having to use stick to turn.

Soldato
So what's a good RPG game? Ideally VR only, can be either standalone (Q2) or PCVR.

Currently on episode 2 of the Vader game as it is pretty cool, but £8 for about 1.5 hours gameplay is a bit rough

Back
Top Bottom