• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 6900/6950 XT Owners Thread.

Caporegime
To be fair, in my testing my 6900xt and 3090 are evenly matched at 3440x1440 but on 3x1440p which is more pixels to drive than 4k, the 3090 pulls a fairly comprehensive lead.

Which on a game by game basis would fluctuate quite a bit, him trying to say a 6900xt card is a 1440p card is utterly moronic to say the least. Though i expect nothing less from that shill account.

Associate
That Asus 6900XT Tuf was £1699 on here, no disrespect to overclockers, but they mugged you.

All the 6900XT on OCUK are priced between £1500 - £1700. Do I feel a little mugged, yes, but then you'll be hard to find any 6900XT for the original £999 price tag. I think we'll be lucky to ever see that price again for a 6900XT tbh.
All the prices have gone up, that's the manufacturers putting the prices up, then the retailers putting their prices up because of that.
Can I find another 6900XT anywhere at the moment especially an Asus card?? No....would I be prepared to wait for notifications on my phone for one to become available for a cheaper price?? No..( its a pain in the arse and I've been there, not doing that for weeks on end again)
I'm afraid at the moment the price is the price, even with retailers. I'm not prepared to pay auction site prices....
No one knows when the flow of GPUs will become available again, so you can just go and buy a GPU, it could be next year for all we know. We also don't know if the prices are going to go up again (see the CEO of MSI telling his share holders a week or so ago, he would be putting the prices of all GPU and motherboards up considerably)
I try not to think of the original release prices, and what I paid, but like I said, its now the price and its a take it or leave it situation really.
I'm glad I did though, it's a lovely card and does what I want it to do and more.
As a matter of interest, have you upgraded to a 3000 or 6000 series card and if you have, we're you fortunate to get it at release day prices?

Soldato
All the 6900XT on OCUK are priced between £1500 - £1700. Do I feel a little mugged, yes, but then you'll be hard to find any 6900XT for the original £999 price tag. I think we'll be lucky to ever see that price again for a 6900XT tbh.
All the prices have gone up, that's the manufacturers putting the prices up, then the retailers putting their prices up because of that.
Can I find another 6900XT anywhere at the moment especially an Asus card?? No....would I be prepared to wait for notifications on my phone for one to become available for a cheaper price?? No..( its a pain in the arse and I've been there, not doing that for weeks on end again)
I'm afraid at the moment the price is the price, even with retailers. I'm not prepared to pay auction site prices....
No one knows when the flow of GPUs will become available again, so you can just go and buy a GPU, it could be next year for all we know. We also don't know if the prices are going to go up again (see the CEO of MSI telling his share holders a week or so ago, he would be putting the prices of all GPU and motherboards up considerably)
I try not to think of the original release prices, and what I paid, but like I said, its now the price and its a take it or leave it situation really.
I'm glad I did though, it's a lovely card and does what I want it to do and more.
As a matter of interest, have you upgraded to a 3000 or 6000 series card and if you have, we're you fortunate to get it at release day prices?
Nah, I got mugged for £1399 for a Aorus 6900XT Master. Comes Monday, 50/50 on if I keep it, perhaps these high prices are here to stay.

Associate
Returning a card because of a dusty box? wtf...
I was born in Yorkshire what more can I say. Over £300 of urine extraction and looked like it was November stock with a nice fat markup. I'm playing the kids series x currently . The money isn't an issue I just have principles and until people stop paying the prices then **** taking will long continue!

Last edited:
Associate
I was born in Yorkshire what more can I say. Over £300 of urine extraction and looked like it was November stock with a nice fat markup. I'm playing the kids series x currently . The money isn't an issue I just have principles and until people stop paying the prices then **** taking will long continue!

£1399 doesn't sound too bad for an AIB model that never would have been £999 to begin with?

Oh well, your fickleness is another gamer's gain, I suppose :D

Associate
£1200 isn't too bad for a AIB 6900 XT all things considered. I paid £1200 for my Merc and I don't regret that purchase one little bit.
That's in the realms of sanity lol. The issue is people have lost all sense of worth on CPUs and GPUs currently. There's been regular console restocks in the UK so when they become more readily available by the summer I'd think things should start to turn around. The 10850k is the CPU that makes performance/price cost currently for example. Tray chip for £350 can't be bad.

Associate
£1200 isn't too bad for a AIB 6900 XT all things considered. I paid £1200 for my Merc and I don't regret that purchase one little bit.

Well I paid £1150, for my Merc. And it was more than I wanted to pay (£600-800) for a high end card. But in this market, and with prices creeping up in January, it was take it, or leave it... And I know it'll last 2-4 years, and get used everyday for solitaire. :cool:

Giving your ram a tweak could squeeze a few extra FPS out of your 3800x for you. Pbo too, would benefit. Which ram kit are you currently using?

As for my RAM, I am running:
G.SKILL F4-3600C17Q 64GTRZ
So that's 4x 16GB. I am running it in XMP mode. So Infinity Fabric is at 1800MHz. But not tried to push it beyond that, or forced the timings to be tighter.
I know it's overkill for gaming, but I keep 10 Chrome Tabs open, and can have lots of apps open for analysis, which are memory intensive. Usually these are closed for modern AAA games, which use the CPU, RAM, and GPU extensively.

Caporegime
Well I paid £1150, for my Merc. And it was more than I wanted to pay (£600-800) for a high end card. But in this market, and with prices creeping up in January, it was take it, or leave it... And I know it'll last 2-4 years, and get used everyday for solitaire. :cool:
:D

My Merc is running a lot of Football Manager 2021 at the moment. It's basically taken early retirement, for now... :)

Associate

As for my RAM, I am running:
G.SKILL F4-3600C17Q 64GTRZ
So that's 4x 16GB. I am running it in XMP mode. So Infinity Fabric is at 1800MHz. But not tried to push it beyond that, or forced the timings to be tighter.
I know it's overkill for gaming, but I keep 10 Chrome Tabs open, and can have lots of apps open for analysis, which are memory intensive. Usually these are closed for modern AAA games, which use the CPU, RAM, and GPU extensively.
I'm sure the 6900XT owners on this page would love to see if a ram tweak will improve real world fps in games. I'll private message to not clog the page up been a little off topic. Might need to allow messages?

Associate
I'm sure the 6900XT owners on this page would love to see if a ram tweak will improve real world fps in games. I'll private message to not clog the page up been a little off topic. Might need to allow messages?

I think I have unlocked, personal messages.
But if I haven't, just drop the question here, its bound to be 6900XT related.

Soldato
System arrived today just about up and running. And advice on first to do’s? Just about to run 3dmark.

+15 on the power consumption
Change memory to fast timings and manually set to 2112 Mhz
Set max core clock to 2700 Mhz.
Undervolt to 1100 Mv
That should get you fairly close to maximum stable performance for both games and benchmarks. That's a good place to start anyway and then you can tweak accordingly from there if you're so inclined.

Looks lovely by the way.

Back
Top Bottom