• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
Just done my update and no one has yet mentioned the BIOS version. Below is the before and after reading and you will notice the BIOS version is the same.
The tool is described as a "Firmware" tool so whether its a bit like Motherboard BIOS/Intel ME Firmware where there is a GPU BIOS and also GPU Firmware not sure but
it looks as though its not simply a BIOS update but possibly a patch which some websites have reported. Surely if it was a BIOS update the BIOS version
would change ? So it either changes code in the existing BIOS or there is some extra firmware on the cards which it alters.

Also worth noting the Gainward/Galax tool file size was 29mb yet the Nvidia one was 101mb.

with Resizeable BAR disabled

v77.png

With Resizeable BAR enabled

gxu.png

Last edited:
Associate
Just done my update and no one has yet mentioned the BIOS version. Below is the before and after reading and you will notice the BIOS version is the same.
The tool is described as a "Firmware" tool so whether its a bit like Motherboard BIOS/Intel ME Firmware where there is a GPU BIOS and also GPU Firmware not sure but
it looks as though its not simply a BIOS update but possibly a patch which some websites have reported. Surely if it was a BIOS update the BIOS version
would change ? So it either changes code in the existing BIOS or there is some extra firmware on the cards which it alters.

Also worth noting the Gainward/Galax tool file size was 29mb yet the Nvidia one was 101mb.

with Resizeable BAR disabled

v77.png

With Resizeable BAR enabled

gxu.png

Sounds like it just needed to be enabled, flip a bit :)

Will need to give this a go tomorrow on my 3090 FE

Back
Top Bottom