• iPhone 12

Votes: 39 13.4%
  • iPhone 12 Pro

Votes: 93 31.8%
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max

Votes: 109 37.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
Have you checked it for fluff? I've found that after a few months of the phone going in and out of my pocket, I just need to scrape out all the dust that's accumulated in there otherwise the lightning connecter gets a bit iffy.

i have, nothing comes out and shining a light in doesn’t show anything obvious in the way, however the cable doesn’t seem to sit snugly in the port, it has a wobble left and right.

Soldato
Great snap and I'm also finding it an extremely capable camera but only in ProRaw.

It's a shame the point and shoot still makes a complete mess out of every single photo. Hopefully they will turn down the sharpenning with subsequent iOS releases.

Soldato
My Dad went from an 11 to a 12 Mini in November and he's been very happy with it. Battery life is great but the size is the best thing for him. The 11 was too big but the 12 mini is a perfect size/

Soldato
Anyone else found their 12 pro max's screen scratches really easily?
I've only had mine a month and it already has tiny scratches around the edges of the screen, not very visible in most lights but annoying now I know they are there.
My previous Android phones (oneplus 7t) I treated exactly the same as this one and had 0 scratches on the screen after over 2 years use.

Pretty damn disappointing for such an expensive device.
Off to buy a screen protector sadly.

Associate
Anyone else found their 12 pro max's screen scratches really easily?
I've only had mine a month and it already has tiny scratches around the edges of the screen, not very visible in most lights but annoying now I know they are there.
My previous Android phones (oneplus 7t) I treated exactly the same as this one and had 0 scratches on the screen after over 2 years use.

Pretty damn disappointing for such an expensive device.
Off to buy a screen protector sadly.

Do you have yours in a case? Or do you use it completely naked?

For once, I'm using just a simple Amazon case with no screen protector. I'm always a bit paranoid that I have put it into my pocket with my keys, but so far I cannot see any scratches whatsoever.. its been maybe coming up to 6 weeks use or so.

Commissario
For what it’s worth, I always have my phone naked. I’m not fussed where I put it down but it always goes in my left pocket, screen towards my leg. Nothing else ever goes in that pocket ever.

In all the years, I’ve never scratched or broken an iPhone screen.

/edit - I said the same about the Apple Watch display previously and then scratched it a day later so I hope I’m not jinxing things here.

Soldato
I scratched my 11 quite a bit but the 12 seems to be fairing much better with exactly the same use. Thin case but no screen protector, always a pocket on its own unless i'm having a bad day! Not so much pocket change thaks to contactless payments so less of an issue with coins.

Associate
MagSafe case, no screen protector and it’s fine. Biggest issue I’ve had is about to be resolved by 14.5, as I run dual sim to keep my 25 year old number for friends and family with a separate one for banks, companies I have to give it to, but it does mean no 5G until enabled. Apparently most people looking forward to 14.5 are eager for the mask unlock. Trust me to be the weird one :rolleyes:

Soldato
I’ve got a standard 12 and it has possibly the most reliably solid battery life out of any phone I’ve owned. It hasn’t come close to running out over the course of a single day and I’m a fairly heavy user.

My wife has a 12 Mini and the story is the same.

Back
Top Bottom