• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia Re-Size Bar/SAM support is live for some cards, more in March - 10% performance gains

Permabanned
Okay, will keep an eye out but nothing there yet (Asus Z390 Hero Xi). Also didn't see Z390 or 9th Gen CPU's in NVidia's list of supporting products but maybe the list is just not complete.
don't worry, if you get a bios, you will be able to enable it :cool: i enabled it with a 2700x and saw gains in lots of titles, only outlier being godfall

Soldato
Working fine on my 9900 and 300-series board. Check you MB manufacturer for BIOS updates.

You may be out of luck if it is Asus though. They are being ducks.

Asus are always poor when it comes to after sales support.

I don't think I will buy an Asus Mobo again.

The two top manufactures for support (mobos at least) seem to be MSI and Gigabyte.

Associate
I was thinking it could be the extra load, however having turned it off and tested again I still have coil whine. At least in games like destiny 2 and Valorant. Oddly 500 fps and it's quiet but 70-240 and it's hissing. Now scratching my head to wonder if I somehow missed the whine before the rebar bios patches or if Auros have changed things in the recent b550 bios.

Permabanned
Probably was quieter before but once heard cannot be unheard, there is a thread by LtMatt with an App you run to try settle it down.

Soldato
My Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master and 3080 Aorus Xtreme updated easily. Took a little while with the 4 bios and multiple reboots, but no problems what-so-ever.

Back
Top Bottom