Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Element for me, Spitfire Powercore wheels (the tiny ones), Bones Reds bearings and Destructo Lows.

I figure I can still skate perfectly... Haven't tried in a decade, but until proven otherwise... Right??
I bought a new set up last year after not skating for 15. Took about half an hour riding around the shed before I could olly again and then another hr or so I could fs and bs 180, pop shuv, and nearly land heels and kick flips.
The muscle memory is real.

I was going to build myself a little mini ramp but not gotten round to it yet.

Soldato
How'd the knees take it? I'd be stoked if I could do half the tricks I used to be able to do. Switch varial heel saved my bacon in my games of Skate and was the best trick in my arsenal. I for some reason could never get regular kickflips down consistently, always found heels the easier of the two. I could varial kick and tre flip but there was something about keeping a kickflip dead straight that always evaded me. Though I always found fakie kick flips easier than regular kickflips. To be fair everything felt easier in fakie. I learnt to fakie tre beforee I could tre normally!

Associate
I bought a new set up last year after not skating for 15. Took about half an hour riding around the shed before I could olly again and then another hr or so I could fs and bs 180, pop shuv, and nearly land heels and kick flips.
The muscle memory is real.

I was going to build myself a little mini ramp but not gotten round to it yet.

That's great to know... there's hope yet! I'm a lot fitter now than the past 10 years, so might be a good time to try.

That said, I found snowboarding to be super easy to pick up again after about 6 years off. Just strapped in an went, no drama.

I learnt to fakie tre beforee I could tre normally!

Yeah, fakie 360 flips are generally easier than regular ones - it's a thing. People get stuck trying to learn normal ones first

Soldato
Knees were fine though I wasn't at it for long!

I used to have exactly the same issue, heels always felt natural whereas kickflips always just felt a bit awkward positioning feet etc.

Maybe ill try and build a rail or grind box instead be a bit easier!

Associate
Loved spitfire wheels. I had some of their wheels, I can't remember the name but it was essentially their version of the ricta cores. They had a hollow/waffle core that you could see through them. I remember I bought them from a shop called fifty-fifty in Bristol. Was super excited, popped the Bones Blacks in them (i used reds 90% of the time, these were a birthday gift) and off I went to skate around town... You know when new wheels have that really shiny layer on them? Well in the most populated area of town the wheels just lost all grip and I hit the ground like a pack of spuds! It was like when you hit a litte stone but there was no stone and I still had to get up an chase my deck :p

I was always a fan of Tensor Low trucks but I also had a nice set of Thunders once too.

This is all really making me want to get a new board even if it's just to push around on

Yeah, 50-50 was good - only a 5 min walk from work to there for me. Unfortunately they've shut down now. I always figured that was such a good spot, right opposite the green where people are always skating.

There was a great skate shop just over behind 50-50, by the Esso garage too. I can't remember the name now, had loads of graffiti on it. That shut down too - apparently the owner had enough cash to retire in Asia somewhere and surf all day. Sounded pretty good.

Soldato
Yeah, 50-50 was good - only a 5 min walk from work to there for me. Unfortunately they've shut down now. I always figured that was such a good spot, right opposite the green where people are always skating.

There was a great skate shop just over behind 50-50, by the Esso garage too. I can't remember the name now, had loads of graffiti on it. That shut down too - apparently the owner had enough cash to retire in Asia somewhere and surf all day. Sounded pretty good.

Rollermaina? I did my work experience there. It always felt a bit budget compared to 50-50 but it was good especially if you just wanted a blank Powell board. 50-50 had a brilliant selection of UK made boards, had a few blueprints from them

Soldato
Ahh those names all bringing back memories ha.

I used to destroy shoes after a month or 2. Most of mine were more shoegoo than shoe after a while.

I can't remember if they were even there when I was in Bristol for uni but I had definitely lost interest by then.

On a side note with the skating theme, if anyone ever sees a pair of uk11 es koston k3 for sale let me know! Been scouring ebay et al for years now. I don't think they are wearable anymore but I need at least one for the display! White/red and white/blue some of my favourite pairs ever.

Caporegime
If only Radlands was open still eh?

Best thing I managed was a nollie varial heel flip.

I remember getting some new wheels and they literally fell apart and looked like eggs in about ten minutes

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
For the first time ever I have bought MS Office... Not because I had arrr versions before but I no longer work in IT so don't have an Enterprise license like I used to lol. Bought the 365 Family pack with annual sub. Sharing it with family so everyone chips in which makes it a tuppence each a year. As good as free really...

bLtkIn3.jpg

Soldato
I finally bought licenses for w10 and office 2019 the other day. About 2 quid each on Aliexpress. I read somewhere they are likely legit codes that were bought in bulk and not used. Who knows if that's true.

They both worked fine but for how long we shall have to see

Soldato
Fence panels look solid, where from and how much if you don't mind me asking, cheers

Bespoke, made out of oak by the landscapers.

They weight a ton and have been the source of much debate/argument... I honestly dread to imagine the cost, it's wrapped up in the full rework/landscaping/garden room/patios etc. I think I have about £100 a panel somewhere at the back of my head but it's hard to pick out the specific number in the overall price.

We've gone full grand designs, timescale/budget out of the window pretty much on day one.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I finally bought licenses for w10 and office 2019 the other day. About 2 quid each on Aliexpress. I read somewhere they are likely legit codes that were bought in bulk and not used. Who knows if that's true.

Interesting I just looked it up on aliexpress and indeed £1.08 for a Pro Plus 365 license which doesn't fully make sense as it doesn't clarify what's included other than 5 users so 5TB and the Office suite of apps.

I did some digging and found this which refers to ebay sellers but the same applies as ali traders are selling a similar license:

Specific to the question asked, the eBay seller may be selling one of the “seats” on a volume license where they remain the Administrator. But that would still be an annual subscription. It would also be a violation of the license agreement, if either you or the vendor care.

Or they may be selling a perpetual license copy of Office 2019. But that shouldn’t be referred to as Office 365 or Microsoft 365.

Of course, the eBay seller could also be selling pirate software. If the selling price is far below what Microsoft charges, you can be assured that it is pirate software. That would leave you holding the bag when your software is audited for license compliance by Microsoft, or needs to be supported, updated or reinstalled.

If I was only using office apps and storing my files locally and didn't care about account admin, then the price is a steal (literally lol...) but the chances of the license being revoked by MS at any point for violation of terms of license agreement buying this way would put data at risk if cloud storage is in use etc I'd imagine. Plus I'd rather be in full control of the whole account as who knows when the seller may go bust and lose access and the dished out licenses too.

Man of Honour

They'll generally work until you change your motherboard as they will be OEM licenses.

Soldato
Some grub screws

IMG-20210331-121942-01.jpg

Soldato
Interesting I just looked it up on aliexpress and indeed £1.08 for a Pro Plus 365 license which doesn't fully make sense as it doesn't clarify what's included other than 5 users so 5TB and the Office suite of apps.

I did some digging and found this which refers to ebay sellers but the same applies as ali traders are selling a similar license:

If I was only using office apps and storing my files locally and didn't care about account admin, then the price is a steal (literally lol...) but the chances of the license being revoked by MS at any point for violation of terms of license agreement buying this way would put data at risk if cloud storage is in use etc I'd imagine. Plus I'd rather be in full control of the whole account as who knows when the seller may go bust and lose access and the dished out licenses too.

Yeah this is just a personal machine and I've never really understood what office 365 even is or why I should want it instead but that makes sense.

Figured for the price of a pint what have I got to lose.

To be fair neither worked first time but 5 minutes chatting with the seller resolved the issues.

Back
Top Bottom