• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 3090 Watercooled Temp

Associate
Po7iXcbBKR673DQK9

ghetto on my 3090.
I am waiting for Alphacool making the waterblock for my card, but kind of scared of creating all the loop myself. Would happily buy a complete solution.

Associate
I purchased a Bykski V2 3090fe block and couldn't be more pleased with it, comes with back plate at about £100 all in including post with RGB and the fit and quality was superb. my only critique would be the instructions were poor but having used Blyski for a Radeon 7 card before i was impressed with the performance.

2 x 480 rads with 8 fans push pull on each with 2 x big res, one rad for CPU one for GPU separate res on each keeps all nice and cool.

Associate
I purchased a Bykski V2 3090fe block and couldn't be more pleased with it, comes with back plate at about £100 all in including post with RGB and the fit and quality was superb. my only critique would be the instructions were poor but having used Blyski for a Radeon 7 card before i was impressed with the performance.

2 x 480 rads with 8 fans push pull on each with 2 x big res, one rad for CPU one for GPU separate res on each keeps all nice and cool.

wow you must have one cold room 13 degrees at chip means you liquid is running at 10-11 degrees?

Associate

Btw did you replace pads on the cooler? Most Reddit seems to think the vram junction can reach 90 degrees on Bykski, I am thinking of getting it as a filler until EK release their hybrids

Soldato

idling at 13c? jesus dude, how do you not have pneumonia in your lungs, your house is not safe for human habitation

Associate
Btw did you replace pads on the cooler? Most Reddit seems to think the vram junction can reach 90 degrees on Bykski, I am thinking of getting it as a filler until EK release their hybrids

I replaced all the Bykski pads with thermal grizzly pads when installing the block. and this is the junction temps after an hour of quake 2 RTX the bykski block works very well, the one i got is the version 2 or V2 as they call it.

idling at 13c? jesus dude, how do you not have pneumonia in your lungs, your house is not safe for human habitation

haha no that was the temp when first switching on in my man cave, i dont need heat in here as it also contains all my radio gear. soon warms up to about 20c which is fine.

Associate
I had the zotac one and it was 50c on ideal and 73c under load but with ek water block it was 30c and under and with load 48c with water temp at 38c but ek messed up on the water block as it buzzed

Associate
I had the zotac one and it was 50c on ideal and 73c under load but with ek water block it was 30c and under and with load 48c with water temp at 38c but ek messed up on the water block as it buzzed

I got no buzzing, and the bykski block seems to work very well. and very good value to, under £100 including back plate and postage. I cant complement the finish enough, very well machined and fits like a glove.

Associate
I got no buzzing, and the bykski block seems to work very well. and very good value to, under £100 including back plate and postage. I cant complement the finish enough, very well machined and fits like a glove.

Thanks, I’ve ordered one as it seems to be one of the few out there that is still available.

Quick question, how long did it take to arrive from China? Also what are the thickness of thermal pads?

Soldato
Are these temps ok?

Hardware to cool: 5950x cpu using PBO and rtx3090 Strix gpu @ stock

case: lian li o11 xl
Cooling: 3 x ek pe (360x40mm) radiators with 3 fans on each
Blocks: ek quantum gpu block, ek velocity cpu block

CPU temp under load: 85c
GPU temp under load: 61c

Associate
Are these temps ok?

Hardware to cool: 5950x cpu using PBO and rtx3090 Strix gpu @ stock

case: lian li o11 xl
Cooling: 3 x ek pe (360x40mm) radiators with 3 fans on each
Blocks: ek quantum gpu block, ek velocity cpu block

CPU temp under load: 85c
GPU temp under load: 61c

That looks warm to me, my GPU max's out at 38c with blkski block 3090fe and heat killer block for 5950x at 74c max looping R23 that's with 2 x 480 rads with push pull fans at half speed. I dont use hard tube either as hard corners restrict flow and mine is a duel loop system, 1 x 480 rad for GPU and 1 x 480 rad for the CPU.

Last edited:
Soldato
Any ideas what could be causing the high temps?

Three EKWB PE Triple radiators should be enough rad space to get good temps right? So I'm thinking the issue is airflow or flow restriction? The loop does have a lot of angled fittings and 90 degree angles in the tubing

Sorry for the ****** photo, the temps were taken with the side and front panel on and all 10 fans running at 1000rpm (3 fans each rad and 1 exhaust fan in the rear). For now these temps are quite underwhelming, CPU temps is the same as I had using a 360mm AIO before and the GPU temps are just 10c lower than I had with the stock asus air cooler on it

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I am struggling to get a flow diagram in my head but it looks a bit odd.

so, correct me if I am wrong, water flows from the reservoir to the GPU block, then to Mosfet block, then CPU block, then to side rad, then bottom rad, then top rad and back to reservoir

Soldato
correct me if I am wrong, water flows from the reservoir to the GPU block, then to Mosfet block, then CPU block, then to side rad, then bottom rad, then top rad and back to reservoir

yes that is correct and for fan direction: bottom in take, side in take, rear exhaust, top exhaust

edit: oh and the pump is at 50% PWM (2400rpm)

Last edited:
Soldato
The cool water is getting warmed up by the gpu, then the vrm and then by the time it reaches your CPU it's no longer very cool.

That part makes sense to me. But why is the GPU so hot? The GPU should be getting fed with cool water right? Howcome one person can get 38c with a 480mm rad and I get 61c with 3 x 360mm rad?

Back
Top Bottom