Post Your Garden!

Soldato
He can't be talking about my house, it was built in the 1940s :p

I agree the size of my garden is perfect. To give an idea of scale, the log cabin at the back is 5m x 3m. Also out of view next to the house is a patio with a 5 seater dinning area and a bike shed.
Log cabin looks brilliant, too. Would love to get one in our garden.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Log cabin looks brilliant, too. Would love to get one in our garden.

Yep I love it, especially when this is what's inside :p

DSCF8991.jpg

Soldato
That's an impressive setup there @LiE.

I would love a log cabin for our garden, or even a proper built home office type setup, although I have no use for it at the moment. It would make use of the bit around the corner. My house is on a new build estate, for some reason has a big garden. The two houses next to me have tiny gardens. Behind the brick wall/fence of my garden is a parking area.

tGx0SuKh.jpg

Soldato
He can't be talking about my house, it was built in the 1940s :p

I agree the size of my garden is perfect. To give an idea of scale, the log cabin at the back is 5m x 3m. Also out of view next to the house is a patio with a 5 seater dinning area and a bike shed.

Counting your fence panels, thats something like 17.5m long, 7m wide? At 123m^s its pretty much the size of mine at ~20m long, 6m wide, and I agree its a great size :p

Soldato
Still a long way to go ,but a LOT better than when we moved in a few years ago, I've probably taken 15 conifers out and literally hundreds of coloured heather's

Just started a "woodland" area at one end with some hydrangea, ferns, red robin, laurel and, today, eight silver birch :

IMG-20210327-152336.jpg

The shed is going and the base being enlarged for a 5x3m gazebo

IMG-20210327-160006.jpg

There's quite a bit of lawn, (and on quite a slope) so will probably be creating a few more "areas"

IMG-20210327-154119.jpg

IMG-20210327-155952.jpg

IMG-20210327-153123.jpg

Then down from the lawn is a tiered patio and path area - will be doing something with that at some point too

IMG-20210327-154103.jpg

IMG-20210327-154123.jpg

Then the soil strip is usually used as a veg bed and we have a load of raspberry canes at the end I'm stood too

IMG-20210327-154149.jpg

IMG-20210327-154136.jpg

Loads to do but with the better weather and lighter / longer days should hopefully see some food progress over the coming months :D

Soldato
Built a pergola today. Quite happy with it for price (500). Just need some screening now from houses/flats as you can see. Any recommendations for what I could plant around outside that could quickly achieve it?

C479040-E-1-F77-4070-8326-54457-D438-B6-F.jpg

Soldato
You could also consider a climbing plant to train upwards and over such as a clematis, wisteria or climbing variety of rose. It looks like a sunny spot and they would do well there, adding colour and attracting pollinators.

Man of Honour
You could also consider a climbing plant to train upwards and over such as a clematis, wisteria or climbing variety of rose. It looks like a sunny spot and they would do well there, adding colour and attracting pollinators.

We've done this on our pergola, you won't get perfect cover the first year or two but after that its pretty good. Wire across the the sides you want the climber on and plant in pots or soil at along the bottom then make sure you train it as it grows for max coverage.

@Ripper did the shade come with the kit? Thinking of adding something to ours rather than wedging a sun umbrella on the top :D

Soldato
We've done this on our pergola, you won't get perfect cover the first year or two but after that its pretty good. Wire across the the sides you want the climber on and plant in pots or soil at along the bottom then make sure you train it as it grows for max coverage.

@Ripper did the shade come with the kit? Thinking of adding something to ours rather than wedging a sun umbrella on the top :D

What type and how long did it take for your plant to grow to a good size? We have planted a clematis (montana rubens) which is currently a metre tall, and soon will be adding something in the area for it to climb up. Trying to get an idea if it's something I need to do soon or can put off a bit.

Soldato
Can I ask where you got this from too please? :)
Had it delivered from a random garden centre locally I came across online.

if you search ‘Glendale Seville pergola’ it should come up in various places. I struggled to find somewhere in stock that would deliver, but got there eventually.

Back
Top Bottom