• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia Re-Size Bar/SAM support is live for some cards, more in March - 10% performance gains

Associate
Running RTX 3090 IchillX3

Version 94.02.26.80.6F

Have updated bios on motherboard and enabled resizable BAR so dont know if INNO3d have released it yet cant seem to find much about it.

Last edited:
Associate
PC Spec....
Z370 Aorus Gaming 5
Intel I7 8700k
RTX 3090FE

My order of play...

Updated Bios to latest (Resizable Bar update)
Updated Nvidia Drivers to Latest (465.89)
Updated firmware to RTX 3090FE

Disabled CSM in Bios (I had to do this when I originally installed the RTX 3090 as the Motherboard was giving off 4 beeps a boot)
Enabled 4G Encoding in Bios
Enabled Resize Bar in Bios
Save and exit.

All up and running, only downside is I forgot to save my existing overclock profile in Bios but that's really no bother to re do.

51001181999_2fd0378784.jpg

Associate
The mbr2gpt or whatever it’s called failed validate for my boot drive so am having to re-install windows with CSM disabled. Tried unplugging all my other drives so only m.2 present and tried in OS override and also using boot USB in recovery command prompt.
Only really tiresome thing is getting all my Skyrim VR mods back to how they were .

Associate
Need some suggestions on how to get my system to boot. Still stuck with vga error light on motherboard.
CSM is off.
I have GPT not MBR on all my drives.
I'm on latest motherboard bios and it wont let me roll back to another one.
I ran the GPU bios update tool successfully.

:confused:

Associate
Driving me mad here but i'm unable to install the Gigabyte F3 Bios update on a 3080 Vision OC. Someone had a similar issue a couple pages back but they were trying to install it from a temp folder. I'm not.

When double clicking the update file i'm asked if i want to update the bios. I click yes and then i get an error message saying windows cannot find N3080VO in Local\Temp. I'm not trying to run the file in the temp folder. I'm running it from the desktop (and have tried other locations aswell)

To work around this i've tried placing all the install files in the local\temp folder and tried again. It then just gets stuck in a loop asking me if i want to update, i click yes and it asks me again. I can see each time i click yes it opens another instance of the process in task manager. Never updating.

Tried doing it in safe mode but it cant access the GPU bios and errors.

Any suggestions???

z3rkqPR.jpg.png

Soldato
I need CSM to boot into Windows 10! Has anyone actually confirmed you need to disable this for the re-size bar to work?

You will need to disable it, when enabled it doesnt use UEFI video bios for booting.
On my board CSM can be enabled whilst choosing to still use UEFI video, it kicks in, but REBAR isnt available in bios doing that, I had to fully disable CSM.

Associate
Love the Re-bar. my mining hash rate hasn't changed but one game i tried has made a difference.

Forza 4 i am beating a heavily OC 6900xt @4k min almost 10% up.

1. Score 126.7, Min 109.4, GPU 3090 @2130/5375, CPU 5950X @4.9, Dontrocktheboat Link, Driver 465.89
  2. Score 125.2, Min 100.4, GPU 6900X @2800/4300, CPU 5950X @5.0, LtMatt Link, Driver 20.2.1

Matts computer is a beast, 6900xt @ 2.8Ghz Merc 319 / coupled with his 5950x, which is also a beast. Pleased with that :0)

Back
Top Bottom