• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

New 6700xt not posting...

Associate
OP
You mention trying different PCIe cables in your posts... ONLY use the ones that came with your PSU! Pinouts vary- I've had a system 'play dead' before because I used some fancy braided PCIe cables from another PSU. Just nothing, like the power wasn't on at the wall.

EDIT not OP, sorry! But point stands...

Might of been me - I tried different pcie cables - for the same psu but different cables just to see. I have 2 cables each with 2 6+2 pins coming out of them. At first I tried both cables from 1 pcie cable then tried one from each - but I had to monkey around with the other wires because of how my psu modular works ie had to move the cpu cable to a back one etc (even thou I have a big case its a real tight fit with this psu under the shroud etc ...

Soldato
I didn't actually say so, but for reference I did use 2 separate cables to deliver the 8 pin and 6 pin feeds to my card, I didn't just daisy chain it and this is true for both power supplies I tried. Bear in mind I already had a 1080Ti connected to one of them using the 2 separate 8 pin feeds before, that is more power hungry than a 6700XT and the other had a GTX 970 in it which is less power hungry (I think) but uses the same 8 and 6 pin connectors.

Associate
The specific things to trouble shoot really is:

>making sure you use separate cables for the 8 pin and 6 pin. Not daisy chain

>try different dp cables or test on hdmi. I know a 6900 xt had the same issue, so its not shocking if its happening on the 6700 xt too. The issue was caused by a non vesa certified dp 1.2 cable. Hdmi worked fine.

>if you are using a riser, it is most likely a pcie 3.0.
I use a pcie 4.0 capable gpu on a 3.0 riser and it threw different mobo debugs, pointing at ram issue, gpu issue, cpu issue. And at times you gotta press your pc start button again and again till it post. If it do not post but your pc led is on, turn off via psu button and start again till you get a post.

When it does post, go to your uefi settings for pcie and turn everything from auto to pcie 3.0.

Dont reset cmos as it resets the pcie 3.0 setting.

I did that and fixed everything. But that was with cablemod riser.

Some risers like the thermal take just do not work on pcie 4.0 gpu's even after forcibly running the mobo at pcie 3.0

Soldato
One thing I did not try was an HDMI cable but I did try it with 2 different displayport cables (one is VESA certified DP 1.4) and all 3 outputs and without any cables connected, however this shouldn't stop it powering on in my experience, it would only stop you getting a display signal surely? ...so not halting the post with an error but not powering on at all.

Last edited:
Soldato
So I have word back from OcUK today, well an automated email at least saying my card will be replaced so it's been tested and accepted but it just says when stock becomes available, hopefully I get another email today saying it's been dispatched ....who knows, this is frustrating as heck though. Why can't a person contact me and say your RMA has been accepted and this is what we are going to do and when or the same but we haven't got a means of replacing this right now so here are your options sort of thing.

Associate
OP
So I have word back from OcUK today, well an automated email at least saying my card will be replaced so it's been tested and accepted but it just says when stock becomes available, hopefully I get another email today saying it's been dispatched ....who knows, this is frustrating as heck though. Why can't a person contact me and say your RMA has been accepted and this is what we are going to do and when or the same but we haven't got a means of replacing this right now so here are your options sort of thing.

Did you give technical support a ring? I think when I called them they told me at the time they had some cards available (as far as replacements) but this was last week. I found them pretty helpful, I know its pretty frustrating and upsetting waiting so long for a gpu and then getting one and it not working. But it helped speaking to someone that was nice. Hope it gets sorted.

Soldato
No I've mentioned it on the tech support forum post I have open with them, I'd don't fancy waiting in their hour long phone queues I am working anyway at the moment so I don't have the time or inclination to sit and wait while I get told how important my call is that nobody is answering. I did try and ring them a few days ago and that was my experience for 22 minutes when I needed to hang up as I needed to attend a meeting. If I could 'just' call and quickly speak to some and get it done in a few minutes that would be great, but nope.

How did you managed to get ahead of me with all this anyway just out if interest? ...I couldn't really have moved faster on it. I opened the RMA the same day I received the card, which was Friday 26th, they got back to me Saturday and I posted it back Monday they received it Tuesday, nothing happened yesterday and I get the replacement confirmation today.

I do know they had a few still, sales told me that, tech support didn't seem to know this though, but they also told me they might sell out while we wait for the card to get tested and confirmed as faulty and that there wasn't anything they could do about it because they can't 'reserve' stock, which I nearly blew a blood vessel over but I just don't have the energy to be angry today.

Soldato
Ok so they have sent a note down to the warehouse to get me a new one out as a priority, they do still have a couple apparently. They say it should go out today, so that's great news but I'm not going to get too excited until I see the dispatch email.

Soldato
Ok so they have sent a note down to the warehouse to get me a new one out as a priority, they do still have a couple apparently. They say it should go out today, so that's great news but I'm not going to get too excited until I see the dispatch email.
Yeah they should have a fair few still from all the cancelled ones from people that were trying to scalp.

Soldato
Got my replacement card this morning, just running it through it's paces now, not had any issues so far, seems nicely made, quiet and I have't noticed any coil whine yet, but to really notice that on my old card I had to sit on a menu in Elite Dangerous or Warthunder neither of which I have fired up yet on this one.

Associate
OP
Got my replacement card this morning, just running it through it's paces now, not had any issues so far, seems nicely made, quiet and I have't noticed any coil whine yet, but to really notice that on my old card I had to sit on a menu in Elite Dangerous or Warthunder neither of which I have fired up yet on this one.

Hey I got mine also ... wondering. Im trying to give 3d mark timespy a whirl and I get a driver time out everytime - reinstalled windows and latest beta driver and my mb bios etc ... can you give timespy a whirl to see if yours can run it (its the demo version from steam).

Soldato
Hey I got mine also ... wondering. Im trying to give 3d mark timespy a whirl and I get a driver time out everytime - reinstalled windows and latest beta driver and my mb bios etc ... can you give timespy a whirl to see if yours can run it (its the demo version from steam).

Yep, already did actually, I have the full version and it was fine, I've run it through Shadow of the Tomb Raider benchmark twice aswell and played Warthunder for a bit on it, all fine.

This was after install without any kind of tuning using 21.3.2 March 29th drivers.

Screenshot
3dmarkts01.JPG

Associate
OP
Yep, already did actually, I have the full version and it was fine, I've run it through Shadow of the Tomb Raider benchmark twice aswell and played Warthunder for a bit on it, all fine.

This was after install without any kind of tuning using 21.3.2 March 29th drivers.

Screenshot
3dmarkts01.JPG

Thanks - I have a feeling its something with my memory - I had it set to xmp1 and thought Id try it without that and timespy worked fine. But obviously its running much slower now 2200 speed instead of 3200 maybe I am not doing something right.

Soldato
Thanks - I have a feeling its something with my memory - I had it set to xmp1 and thought Id try it without that and timespy worked fine. But obviously its running much slower now 2200 speed instead of 3200 maybe I am not doing something right.

Are you using resizable bar at all ? ...I'm obviously not being on Intel but if you are, try disabling it and see how it is perhaps.

Back
Top Bottom