***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Soldato
And ordered (with a chick and carrot GWP's), the VIP point probe has been canned/delayed though.

The website felt like it was going to fall over the whole time.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Tempting, but at €180 I'll wait for some discounts in a few months. Qualifies for a free Easter Bunny's Carrot House but as that's only worth a tenner, not interested.

Soldato
Not normally the sort of thing my lad or I would normally build but gone an ordered a Mould King 13135 Monarch Imperial Star Destroyer, at 12k pieces its going to be massive and I doubt I have anywhere to display it once complete. However really fancy building something of this size, will keep me busy for ages and can sell it on once complete.

Caporegime
What is it with people paying more for used sets on ebay than new, in stock sets from lego?

I often like to pick up a used set for my builds as it's usually much cheaper but lately I've seen sets often above RRP used!

Miss out on cashback, and lego points and often the free gift.
Do they just not know you can get it direct?

Soldato
The poster specifically said in stock ;)

It’s not just lego, I was looking for some used networking kit a few weeks ago and people were paying more than it costs to buy new from a retailer.

People pay absolutely silly prices on eBay sometimes and I have no idea why.

On another note, I spotted there was a page explaining the nasa commercial space program and a picture of the falcon 9 in the space shuttle manual. Perhaps there is a set coming!

Caporegime
The poster specifically said in stock ;)

It’s not just lego, I was looking for some used networking kit a few weeks ago and people were paying more than it costs to buy new from a retailer.

People pay absolutely silly prices on eBay sometimes and I have no idea why.

On another note, I spotted there was a page explaining the nasa commercial space program and a picture of the falcon 9 in the space shuttle manual. Perhaps there is a set coming!

I guess it must just be stupidly/ignorance.
Getting swept up in the bidding (winning the game) war.

But yeah it's not just lego!

Associate
What is it with people paying more for used sets on ebay than new, in stock sets from lego?

I often like to pick up a used set for my builds as it's usually much cheaper but lately I've seen sets often above RRP used!

Miss out on cashback, and lego points and often the free gift.
Do they just not know you can get it direct?

Bizzare isn't it - They must not realise the sets are still in production and available direct.

Of course once they are out of stock at Lego its anyone's guess how much they will go for at the moment!

Back
Top Bottom