*** The Official iOS 14 Thread ***

Soldato
Had the notification on my phone this afternoon and installed it.

Every time I install a new update my batteries health drops!
Can’t say I’ve observed this problem however what I have noticed for the past 3 updates at least is my battery absolutely tanks for about 24hrs before it’s installed. You’d think it couldn’t all be related to downloading in the background as the updates are generally only a couple of hundred megabytes. After each update has installed battery drain returns to normal.

Soldato
Can’t say I’ve observed this problem however what I have noticed for the past 3 updates at least is my battery absolutely tanks for about 24hrs before it’s installed. You’d think it couldn’t all be related to downloading in the background as the updates are generally only a couple of hundred megabytes. After each update has installed battery drain returns to normal.
I think the battery is just shot on it.

Just checked now and its down to 73% since I posted that comment, only Iphone in my budget at the moment is the Iphone SE 2020 so may just replace it with with

Man of Honour
Went to bed with 81%, woke up with 61%, didn't touch the phone.

I used to be able to go to bed and the iPhone wouldn't drain at all, any ideas?
It's usually an app like Facebook, check background activity under battery usage. Either that or Exposure Notifications which I've just switched off.

Mobster
Soldato
@ChrisD. thanks mate, I've uninstalled it, rebooted and reset all settings, let's see if that helps.

I did think the battery life on the 12 Pro was a bit rubbish - my 11 Pro was amazing - but I wonder now if this has been causing me issues for a while.

What sort of battery life are others seeing typically?

Man of Honour
I used to be able to get two full days out of my 11 Pro but it's down to under 90% health now so generally need a top up now and then.

Soldato
I used to be able to get two full days out of my 11 Pro but it's down to under 90% health now so generally need a top up now and then.
Wonder if this will make a difference.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT212247

iOS 14.5, coming later this spring, includes an update where the battery health reporting system will recalibrate maximum battery capacity and peak performance capability on iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max to address inaccurate estimates of battery health reporting for some users. Symptoms of this bug include unexpected battery drain behaviour or, in a small number of instances, reduced peak performance capability. This inaccurate battery health reporting does not reflect an issue with actual battery health.

iOS 4.5 beta 6 released today includes this change also.

Soldato
About 6% again. Even had location services turned off.
I have had issues with the battery level since updating to 14.4.
Can loose 20% overnight and everything is turned off as much as possible.

I have done an iOS re install as well but made no difference. The percent and battery level have never been correct as restarting my phone when it says battery low when I know it’s not shows the correct levels.

granted my phone is old and it’s a iPhone 7 but I never had these issues under iOS 13 so I am replacing my phone but will not be an IPhone

Last edited:
Mobster
Soldato
So I turned off Bluetooth and bam, no more standby drain.

I can’t understand how it can make such a difference, it is often connected to my Garmin watch but even if I disconnect the watch I see the same thing. I thought Bluetooth was quite energy efficient?

Back
Top Bottom