• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

This is what a scalper looks like..

Associate
I would focus on crpyto before scalping, half the people complaining just want cheap cards to mine with. Eliminating mining would free up a lot of cards and be good for the planet. Aside a bit of shipping scalping isn't that harmful aside some gamers missing a few FPS

Caporegime
I would focus on crpyto before scalping, half the people complaining just want cheap cards to mine with. Eliminating mining would free up a lot of cards and be good for the planet. Aside a bit of shipping scalping isn't that harmful aside some gamers missing a few FPS

Yeh, mining is definitely the main issue (for the demand), and until profitability drops there will be no respite.

GPU's (the new ones especially) are effectively free at the moment as the 3060ti and 3080 can pay for themselves in a matter of months if bought at RRP.

Associate
Yeh, mining is definitely the main issue, and until profitability drops there will be no respite.

GPU's (the new ones especially) are effectively free at the moment as the 3060ti and 3080 can pay for themselves in a matter of months.

I agree if there was no mining we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Soldato
The issue isn't the act of scalping itself it's the buying with automated bots. Without the bots, the scalpers would have no unfair advantage over others and if they can get a product and resell it then fine. But with the bots this gives them an unfair advantage and allows the activity to scale in ways that wouldn't be feasible if buying the same way as the rest of us.

Caporegime
The issue isn't the act of scalping itself it's the buying with automated bots. Without the bots, the scalpers would have no unfair advantage over others and if they can get a product and resell it then fine. But with the bots this gives them an unfair advantage and allows the activity to scale in ways that wouldn't be feasible if buying the same way as the rest of us.

I agree with this. I do think the automation/bots are a problem and it does mean the average consumer stands little chance. If there was a level playing field , whether you are buying for a profit or buying for yourself, it would make things a bit fairer.

I probably wouldn't mind if they introduced something similar to the laws on bots and tickets.

Associate
Yeh, mining is definitely the main issue (for the demand), and until profitability drops there will be no respite.

GPU's (the new ones especially) are effectively free at the moment as the 3060ti and 3080 can pay for themselves in a matter of months if bought at RRP.

Or another view on this GPUs bought at scalper prices are effectively MSRP after a couple of months of mining.

Associate
She would probably complain if someone ripped her and her family off for goods/services......

....when i create the medicine to fix long necks ill take her to the cleaners.

Associate
+1

Soldato
Consumerism and entitlement.
"For gods sake look at those ebay prices those pesky scalpers! Now I'm just going to have to spend more as I simply must have a new gpu....my 1080ti just won't do anymore."

Just don't pay the prices. It's almost an addiction the way we as consumers behave. We have become conditioned to consume and buy the latest/greatest in FOMO.

Soldato

Agreed. When things are 'normal' scalping is limited by other factors. When they are essentially forcing themselves to the front of the queue and holding all the stock hostage before anyone else can get a sniff however...

Back
Top Bottom