Derek Chauvin murder trial (Police officer who arrested George Floyd)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
useful to look at the facts https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...terrorist-threat-is-from-far-right-say-police

In their first public briefing since far-right terrorists murdered the Labour MP Jo Cox in 2016 and murdered a Muslim worshipper near a north London mosque in 2017, police revealed:

• A quarter of all terrorism arrests in the past year were linked to far-right violence.

• The far-right caseload of counter-terrorism police jumped from 6% to 10% in the last two years.

• Referrals to Prevent, the anti-radicalisation programme, had almost doubled between 2016 and 2018 for the far right, from 10% to 18%, and were expected to rise further.

• A third of all terror plots to kill in Britain since 2017 – seven out of 22 – were by those driven by extreme-right causes

Given the trend, these stats are likely dates. Far right terrorism is expanding at an exponential rate in the UK

Soldato
A poor old Asian lady on her way to church a few days ago.
Was beaten up by a black guy and the black people watching did nothing.

"NYC Asian woman's suspected attacker was paroled after murdering his mother"

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nyc-asian-womans-suspected-attacker-paroled-murdering-monther-sources

By Bye NY.
The amount of Black on Asian crime in the USA is unreal, you want an example of actual racism that's being ignored, look right there. Something like 85% of violent crime in San Francisco is Black on Asian.

Soldato
useful to look at the facts https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...terrorist-threat-is-from-far-right-say-police

Given the trend, these stats are likely dates. Far right terrorism is expanding at an exponential rate in the UK

Guardian article though...

They are there, and they cause trouble sometimes, but they are small time and mostly all mouth. They aren't running crowds over with Enterprise rental vans or knifing random people in the street.

The whole idea that the "right wing terrorists" are a big threat to the public is a myth.

Soldato
The amount of Black on Asian crime in the USA is unreal, you want an example of actual racism that's being ignored, look right there. Something like 85% of violent crime in San Francisco is Black on Asian.

Yep and yet the media very rarely report it for what it is, a racially motivated attack, they often just call it assault.

Soldato
So in your world if you have ever committed a crime your easy bait for overzealous cops and death is a mere 'accident'.

Its absolutely disgusting what happened to this man, stop pretending its not.

Commits crime, kicks off, swallows loads of drugs, needs to be forcibly controlled. The case is far from as black and white as you like to claim.

Soldato
Overzealous have you even seen the body cam footage, those coppers should be given medals for their patience.
I'm watching all the footage from the trial now. I liked the part where they threw him through the cruiser for no apparent reason , that was a nice touch before they knelt on his body part responsible for providing air. 10/10 policing.

Caporegime
Guardian article though...

They are there, and they cause trouble sometimes, but they are small time and mostly all mouth. They aren't running crowds over with Enterprise rental vans or knifing random people in the street.

The whole idea that the "right wing terrorists" are a big threat to the public is a myth.

They are arresting people just for being members of far right groups as they are designated terrorist organisations, according to one of those Guardian articles a couple were arrested because they named their kid after Hitler. I mean it's no wonder you have a rise in "far right" arrests when the police are taking it so seriously. What's annoying though is so much violence in recent years has come from the far left, many Antifa members walk around waving Communist flags so why are they not they seen as terrorists? I've lost count how many times I've seen people on the left calling for violence on social media and nobody seems to care when they do it. There's a massive double standard. I mean if you were to call your newborn after some historic Communist that committed genocide nobody would bat an eyelid but both ideologies are as bad as each other. Present day China are supposedly Communist and they're putting Muslims into camps.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
I'm watching all the footage from the trial now. I liked the part where they threw him through the cruiser for no apparent reason , that was a nice touch before they knelt on his body part responsible for providing air. 10/10 policing.

Yeah but that warrants an assault charge (which the prosecutor really ought to have added for the jury to consider) not necessarily a murder charge.

2nd-degree murder seems like a complete reach and was purely political, the original prosecutor didn't go with it at all it was only added as a charge later. Can certainly see why they might attempt to charge Chauvin with manslaughter (3rd degree murder less so)... to me I think he's likely guilty of assault (or similar - whatever the US equivalent of ABH is etc..) possibly he's guilty of manslaughter but that depends on establishing that his actions were a significant cause of death... problem is there is plenty of reasonable doubt here that the combination of the drugs consumed - high when in the shop, took two pills in the car when already high before cops arrived then took more drugs when cops arrived + his anxiety at being arrested + his underlying health issues... if those things are really what is responsible for his death (raised heart rate from the arrest + raised blood pressure form the drugs and health issues leading to a fatal arrhythmia) then I can't see how Chauvin is guilty of murder or manslaughter... If however, they can demonstrate beyond reasonable doubt that his (arguably at times unreasonable) use of force itself contributed significantly to the death then fair enough.

There is also the issue that by US standards and according to local guidelines at least some of their use of force is authorised/approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom