• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

This is what a scalper looks like..

Associate
these people are just showing the manufacturers how much people are willing to spend on this ****. they will both price 90% of us out of the market.

most of us have waited for that 2x performance at the same price and now its just not. im on a vega 64 and was hoping to get a huge step up for less than 400 quid. i guess im looking at 4060/50 or 7600xt now for that sort of pricing...

Associate
Why shouldn't GPUs be sold at what the market will bear? It's the same with phones, Apple started pitching iPhones at a grand, a few people complained but most ponied up now flagship phones from all manufactures are 1k+

Caporegime
Why shouldn't GPUs be sold at what the market will bear? It's the same with phones, Apple started pitching iPhones at a grand, a few people complained but most ponied up now flagship phones from all manufactures are 1k+

Yep people are happy to pay inflated prices by companies, but Joe Bloggs makes a few bucks and it's the worst thing in humanity.

V F

V F

Soldato
Consumerism and entitlement.
"For gods sake look at those ebay prices those pesky scalpers! Now I'm just going to have to spend more as I simply must have a new gpu....my 1080ti just won't do anymore."

Just don't pay the prices. It's almost an addiction the way we as consumers behave. We have become conditioned to consume and buy the latest/greatest in FOMO.

If I did that I'd have been stuck on a AMD 5870 1GB from 2010. Quake Champions cannot even run smooth on a 1GB card even on all low.

ljt

ljt

Soldato

Because there are many many options when it comes to phones at all price points and every single one isn't bought up by scalpers using bots. You can't get ANY capable GPU unless you pay overinflated prices. There's a massive difference.

Soldato
She has a very punchable face :mad:.
Sad thing is that everyone is getting in on the scalping. I know a guy who who has a card already but is now just buying what he can to sell on for a quick profit. Everyone and their granny are getting into it due the shortage caused by miners.

And before miners start crying, what I say is close to the truth since Nvidia has been selling huge amounts of cards direct to miners hence why they have announced record profits. You don't make 'record' profits if you made less cards than the previous year.
Scalping will persist until the supply of gpu's significantly improves.

Soldato
Casual users are being denied product and priced out of the new gaming tech by people who make money by allowing people with more money than sense to jump the queue.

Alt the whole showing the manufacturers that there are enough well off people to absorb big, long term price increases.

no value is being added at any stage of the process.

there is nothing to defend...it stinks.

Soldato
Meh, fair play I say. Why people are buying them at ridiculous prices are beyond me.

Exactly this.

A fool and his money is easily parted.

If no one bowed under pressure and refused to pay the elevated prices, then scalpers would have to sell at retail prices.

Soldato
Just wait until easily available, skip the scalpers,

Want one now, but can't be bothered to wait/hunt? Buy at scalpers rate.

Good luck to those taking advantage

Associate
The funniest part about all this for me is most of the people who are complaining are then going to turn around a sell their 4 year old card for about 2.5 times what it should cost.

Associate
wouldnt banning bots be easy? i see that "im not a robot" thing all over the place. problem is companies are loving this because its making them able to hike the prices up and it goes right to the top.

so many ways to stop this, send a text to a mobile phone with a confirmation code? how hard and costly would it be?

Associate
What if all your friends had one so you had no lockdown social life?
You could get a used PS4 for a much more reasonable price and still play with your friends who have a PS5.

The funniest part about all this for me is most of the people who are complaining are then going to turn around a sell their 4 year old card for about 2.5 times what it should cost.
This isn't a problem, fair enough if they want to sell their old card because the market rate went up. Totally different to using bots to buy up all the new stock for the sole purpose of profiting from ripping people off.

Associate
This isn't a problem, fair enough if they want to sell their old card because the market rate went up. Totally different to using bots to buy up all the new stock for the sole purpose of profiting from ripping people off.

It must have taken some mental gymnastics to come up with this.
You feel the scalpers are ripping you off (because people are willing to pay more) but it's OK to rip someone else off (because people are willing to pay more)? Right.

Back
Top Bottom