• Series S

Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Trying to play oblivion and I had to turn the hdr off. Issue was that in dark caves the ui elements are way too bright and when I open the menu or open a container I get blinded.

I often jibed with @Kreeeee about how gamepass wasn't that great value for someone like me but I realised something. Some weekends when bored I flick through the PSN store for deals and buy a random game (£14 on watchdogs legion last). I've wasted a lot of money that way. Gamepass allows me to scratch that itch with no risk as I've already paid for it. Also I recently played a game I wouldn't have noticed probably called Call Of The Sea which I really enjoyed.
I've also played some terrible games but they didn't cost me anything to try so I think actually it's probably well suited for me. I'm still not sure if I'd feel the same paying full price but certainly with the current rate its working out well.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not a dig, but it genuinely confuses me how people can drop almost £500 on something but don't really know if they want it or not. Why aren't you sure whether you should keep it? What made you decide to pick one up in the first place? Was it just a FOMO moment and now you've got buyer's remorse?

It's an amazing console and so totally worth £450 for gaming, especially with Game Pass. That should be enough to sway anyone tbh :)
Not buyer's remorse per se.
I was going to get one eventually, I just got caught in the hype and got one early.

Yup been hearing it's an amazing system. That's why I got it but technically my PC can do most of it. Still Gamepass is better on console than PC.

Last edited:
Soldato
Co-op only!?

I have no friends anymore.......anyone wanna be my friend, add me. Gamer tag is Love Plank

Added you :)

Anyone else feel free to add me, my tag is in my sig. :)

(Added a couple of you from the Gamertag thread but couldn't see everyone who has posted above)

Trying to play oblivion and I had to turn the hdr off. Issue was that in dark caves the ui elements are way too bright and when I open the menu or open a container I get blinded.

I often jibed with @Kreeeee about how gamepass wasn't that great value for someone like me but I realised something. Some weekends when bored I flick through the PSN store for deals and buy a random game (£14 on watchdogs legion last). I've wasted a lot of money that way. Gamepass allows me to scratch that itch with no risk as I've already paid for it. Also I recently played a game I wouldn't have noticed probably called Call Of The Sea which I really enjoyed.
I've also played some terrible games but they didn't cost me anything to try so I think actually it's probably well suited for me. I'm still not sure if I'd feel the same paying full price but certainly with the current rate its working out well.

Snap on that one. Not usually the sort of game I look at (adventure puzzle like) but I played it straight through from start to finish and really enjoyed it.

I’ve not played the demo, but I’ve just downloaded the main game. Looking forward to playing it. I think I’ve got a few of you added.

Have you bought the game directly or via GamePass? I was kind of hoping it might have been available for pre-load like The Medium but I can only see the demo as being downloadable (which I have) and the main game pre-order only.

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone having connectivity problems with WiFi? My series x disconnects for 2-5seconds and reconnects all the time, I get dropped from online games because of it. It seemed to fix itself a while back but now it’s doing it again.
might be worth checking or changing the channels on your router? at least give it a go. It could be a device in your house or possibly a neighbours which conflicts with yours, hence seemingly fixed then broken again. I use wired on my SX and PC I appreciate this isn't always an option for some but does offer far better and consistent connectivity. I use flat cables so they slot along the skirting boards and carpet nicely.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just searched about my issue where button presses don't register and it seems to be a fairly common issue. Looks like I am able to get it changed under warranty. I have a wired pad too so can still play.
If I can hear the button click I'm clearly pressing it hard enough.

Associate
Just searched about my issue where button presses don't register and it seems to be a fairly common issue. Looks like I am able to get it changed under warranty. I have a wired pad too so can still play.
If I can hear the button click I'm clearly pressing it hard enough.

Which button out of curiosity? My L1 button needs pressing really hard to work, on the black controller that came with it. Makes grenades/skills really frustrating.
Don't fancy sending the whole thing back, but if you can just send controller?

Soldato
Which button out of curiosity? My L1 button needs pressing really hard to work, on the black controller that came with it. Makes grenades/skills really frustrating.
Don't fancy sending the whole thing back, but if you can just send controller?

Seems to be Y. I haven't noticed it on any others yet. I'll fire off an email to support tomorrow.

I've seen LB mentioned a lot too.

Soldato
Have you bought the game directly or via GamePass? I was kind of hoping it might have been available for pre-load like The Medium but I can only see the demo as being downloadable (which I have) and the main game pre-order only.

You can pre-install the game using the Xbox app on your phone if you have that. It just needs to be connected to your console. Then you search for the game under the library option on the menu bar at the bottom. When you select the game from the results, you'll get an option to download to console. Choose that and it'll start downloading immediately. I've just done that about 45 mins ago for Outriders.

You've got to do it from the Xbox app, not the Game Pass app :)

Soldato
Not buyer's remorse per se.
I was going to get one eventually, I just got caught in the hype and got one early.

Yup been hearing it's an amazing system. That's why I got it but technically my PC can do most of it. Still Gamepass is better on console than PC.

Hehe well the hype has been real tbh! Hopefully you keep it and enjoy using it. I certainly have. My PC barely gets a look these days although I don't have loads of time for gaming anyway. But the Series X is amazing for that, especially with Quick Resume being so awesome. I'm back on AC Valhalla at the moment and after a break from it, I'm really enjoying it again. Looking forward to trying Outriders tomorrow though. It should be downloaded by the morning :)

Soldato
You can pre-install the game using the Xbox app on your phone if you have that. It just needs to be connected to your console. Then you search for the game under the library option on the menu bar at the bottom. When you select the game from the results, you'll get an option to download to console. Choose that and it'll start downloading immediately. I've just done that about 45 mins ago for Outriders.

You've got to do it from the Xbox app, not the Game Pass app :)

Thanks for the tip. Got it downloading now. :)

Soldato
So I just switch my xbox to NZ and I can play today instead of tomorrow?

That's how it worked for Flight Sim on the PC so I'd assume you'd be able to do the same with the Xbox :)

I thought it was out today though. It's just loaded for me without changing country so it is!

Soldato
It's out today.

Weird. Says 2nd April on my GP app. Oh that's UTC

That's how it worked for Flight Sim on the PC so I'd assume you'd be able to do the same with the Xbox :)

I thought it was out today though. It's just loaded for me without changing country so it is!

Yeah I didn't spot the time zone. You'd think it would be tailored per your region.

Regarding headsets. I foolishly purchased the Audeze Penrose instead of having the foresight to get the X version (unofficially supports ps5 too).
I assume if I wire them into the controller it will just work that way?

Soldato
Weird. Says 2nd April on my GP app. Oh that's UTC

Yeah I didn't spot the time zone. You'd think it would be tailored per your region.

Regarding headsets. I foolishly purchased the Audeze Penrose instead of having the foresight to get the X version (unofficially supports ps5 too).
I assume if I wire them into the controller it will just work that way?

If the headset supports a 3.5mm jack then yep, wiring it into the controller will work :)

Back
Top Bottom