• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia Re-Size Bar/SAM support is live for some cards, more in March - 10% performance gains

Associate
I take it you have it set to AHCI ?
I did yeah.

I've fixed it lads, thanks for the support. It was the latest bios not working!
I'd tried rolling back through the flashback, but was having no luck. Tried again with an older memory stick and it worked. Back on a stable bios and all ok.

For Z490 asus guys, use the 1003 bios not the 2004/2005 ones!

Permabanned
Soldato
Motherboard: MSI Z390m Gaming Edge
Graphics: Palit 3080

Updated motherboard bios, enabled Resizable Bar, 4G something or other and toggled CSM to UEFI
Updated 3080 to the new bios from the Palit website
Updated to the new Nvidia driver

Works a treat, all went smoothly and Resizable Bar is showing 'yes' in the Nvidia control panel :cool:

Windows was already in GPT mode and the only bios setting I have changed from stock settings is the XMP toggle so no extra faffing around required.

Now to play some games and notice zero difference :D

Soldato
Driving me mad here but i'm unable to install the Gigabyte F3 Bios update on a 3080 Vision OC. Someone had a similar issue a couple pages back but they were trying to install it from a temp folder. I'm not.

When double clicking the update file i'm asked if i want to update the bios. I click yes and then i get an error message saying windows cannot find N3080VO in Local\Temp. I'm not trying to run the file in the temp folder. I'm running it from the desktop (and have tried other locations aswell)

To work around this i've tried placing all the install files in the local\temp folder and tried again. It then just gets stuck in a loop asking me if i want to update, i click yes and it asks me again. I can see each time i click yes it opens another instance of the process in task manager. Never updating.

Tried doing it in safe mode but it cant access the GPU bios and errors.

Any suggestions???

z3rkqPR.jpg.png

I flashed my gigabyte 3080 Gaming OC. I had the same problem as you until I unzipped the file directly onto the C drive.

Associate
We need more results before we can say it is down to the vram though. As mentioned, could possibly be down to his 2700x, which "technically" shouldn't be supported....

So far, nvidia cards across the board are seeing pretty much the same gains as amds cards in the other games so either his setup or/and godfall could just be an outlier.

EDIT:

Also, from my brief test on forza 4 and cyberpunk, can't say I noticed any increase in vram usage and there shouldn't be in theory (all resize bar/sam does is remove the temp. swap system of 256MB chunks) unless games are coded to use more VRAM.
Here are some benchmarks with R-bar off vs on. As you can see there is an increase of Vram usage when R-bar is enabled:

Associate
I've raised a ticket with ASUS. Is no one else having this problem with ASUS Z490 boards??

Asus z490e, mine worked without issue. I did the MB bios update when the resize bar version launched, set it to auto and left it. My vrm fan has stopped working but that's probably unrelated.

Associate
Asus z490e, mine worked without issue. I did the MB bios update when the resize bar version launched, set it to auto and left it. My vrm fan has stopped working but that's probably unrelated.
I fixed the issue a few posts after. I was on the beta bios. Make sure you're using the stable release. I had trouble reverting. I used flashback in the end but it was picky which usb stick it would read from.

Permabanned
I managed to replicate Godfall FPS drop WITHOUT resizable bar enabled. It is a weird game where rtx 3070 performance suffers randomly. I lowered visual effects to low and all fps drop is magically gone. weird stuff

Soldato
I did yeah.

I've fixed it lads, thanks for the support. It was the latest bios not working!
I'd tried rolling back through the flashback, but was having no luck. Tried again with an older memory stick and it worked. Back on a stable bios and all ok.

For Z490 asus guys, use the 1003 bios not the 2004/2005 ones!

I think the M/B manufacturer's seem to be in a bit of a mess with this. I was on a proper release BIOS with re-size bar enabled and my CPU Voltage was not downclocking so my CPU was 50c plus when idle.
Checked my support page and there were two other ones after mine so updated to latest BETA BIOS and now I`m back in the 30c's on idle !

Seems Nvida`s ReBar isnt as polished or ready for the market as AMD SAM

I think its more down to the Motherboard manufacturers rather than Nvidia or AMD. They are not responsible for what the Motherboard/BIOS is doing.

Back
Top Bottom