April fools day

Soldato
I've not noticed any decent spoof articles as yet today, there's usually something around. The only one I know of seems to be the "rebrand" to Voltswagen.

Post any you find here please. A little light humour is always appreciated.

Soldato
I read about the volts wagen thing a few days back. Are you sure it is a spoof article?

Or it could be a long con by VW

They admitted to it, it was leaked too early but I can see it being an offshoot in the future for them.

Our local alehouse has a new beanie for sale. There is a bit of a nautical theme in the pub so I am tempted to get some made for them.

PLHwAeV.png

Man of Honour
Probably too niche to be enjoyed by anyone else but this one (a review of a roller coaster that is well-known to get mixed reviews) did get me this morning :D

I particularly enjoy the line: “Is it smooth as butter? Yes.... but it isn’t garlic bread.... it’s a rollercoaster.

Soldato
The Guardian tried it this morning with a proposal for a second Suez canal route along the Israel/Egypt border. Quoting a guy called Iver Shovel, that kind of gave it away.

Associate
This cracked me up:

0des7gapeiq61.png

Soldato
A report in today's Daily Telegraph (link below) has announced that the Royal Navy will be reintroducing the daily rum ration from later this year. A 'two tots a day' system is expected to be in place for both the Royal Navy and the Royal Marines by the summer.
The move, whilst controversial, is said to be in response to plunging morale across all three services. The Chiefs of Staff Committee is reported to have lobbied the government hard to allow this to happen and warned that in the light of both informal and formal reactions to the recent Integrated Service Review steps had to be taken to bolster morale.
General Sir Mark Carleton-Smith and Air Chief Marshal Sir Michael Wigston have also lobbied successfully on behalf of their respective services and similar measures will be introduced in line with those of the navy. Although not having similar histories of serving alcohol rations both services are drawing upon their own experiences to engender a new sense of tradition. Serving members of the army will be entitled to 2 cans of Herforder pils per day whilst the RAF will be issuing strawberry daiquiris.

https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/navy-rum-ration-to-be-reintroduced.304398/

Soldato
One of the guys in the office posted in our group chat that the newest member of staff needed to contact a client who had phoned him by mistake, Mr Hugh Jass. They posted my number into the chat to see if she'd phone it. My boss said we did an extension for him where he needed an extra large toilet! :p

Back
Top Bottom