• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia Re-Size Bar/SAM support is live for some cards, more in March - 10% performance gains

Soldato
It's not random at all, 8gb vram is not enough for Godfall, simple as that - Nvidia is scamming people by selling 8gb cards in 2021 buy at your own peril
In this climate you buy what you can get your hands on though, doubt I would have gotten my bought on launchday non oc tuf 3080 by now either starting off of 830 in the que.
If you work away from tech, stock alerts are useless, so stuck on 8gb ram.

Permabanned
The console aren't really doing 4k ultra IQ at 120fps though. To achieve that they scale back the IQ to achieve the FPS.
hey, as i specifically said, even at medium settings with rt enabled, rtx 3070 drops to 15-20 fps at 4k

for comparison ps5 does native 4k with rt enabled, and averages 40 fps while never dropping below 30 fps

at least according to digital foundry, that is

without ray tracing, 3070 renders 45-50 fps at 4k, which is what you would expect out of it compared to ps5. it actually has the power to still hit 45 fps with ray tracing enabled, but vram seems to be limiting it, since rx 6800xt uses 5 more gb of vram to enable ray tracing

Permabanned
In this climate you buy what you can get your hands on though, doubt I would have gotten my bought on launchday non oc tuf 3080 by now either starting off of 830 in the que.
If you work away from tech, stock alerts are useless, so stuck on 8gb ram.
i would've never bought this card but as i said before i practically sold my 1080 for an overprice and managed to get a 3070 stock from amazon.de

but i would've never suggested this gpu for gaming at 1440p in normal circumstances to anyone but in current circumstances one can always sell it for more profits :D

Last edited:
Associate
The Palit cards 3090s will not update, I have emailed Palit and they asked for the serial numbers of my cards so they can send me the right BIOS.

I have the 3090 GameRocks cards. So email them at :- [email protected] with your card model and serial number and explain the issue you are having with that message when updating your card, It was same message I got too as you got.

Email reply today from them :-

Dear customer

Thank you for the mail.

Please kindly provide the S/N of the graphics card to us.
You can find the S/N from the product box or the sticker in back of the graphics card.
We will provide the latest BIOS (support Resizable BAR) for you accordingly.

Thanks.
Best regards

Palit Support
Palit Microsystem Ltd.

You will need to do same as above and request the right BIOS via email.

Thanks for your detailed response, I will email them

Associate
So is godfall the new go to game for "VRAM arguments" since the supposed claims on HZD texture issues on the 30xx cards was debunked..... :p ;)

Godfall doesn't even look that good. Shadow warrior 2 has a similar style and looks way nicer imo. Literally no reason why godfall should be using that much vram....

It's going to be difficult to test with only 2 people in the world owning the game :D

Soldato
@CAPTAINBUMFLUFF @Jay85 @0121danwilliams84

Ok just updated mine threw the site on this link :- https://www.palit.com/palit/download.php?lang=en

They silently updated the update today, the file zip name is the same but when you unzip it you will see the new file name is VGA_BIOS_Upgrade_0401-3090.exe not as with the broken update yesterday it was VGA_BIOS_Upgrade_0325-3090.exe.

I just updated both my 3090 GameRocks and I also updated both switches, performance switch one and quiet switch 2. So remember to update them one by one and to update then reboot make sure all ok, then shut down and flick the switch and do the same so that way both bioses have the rebar update to them. Then remember to set to the switch you want for normal use .

All worked great you can confirm it works in the Nvidia drivers or with GPU-Z and it will say enabled.

Palit still hasn't replied to my email today with the serial numbers, I was just downloading it again and noticed they updated it silently grrrr. Anyways all good now.

Soldato

Ok just updated mine threw the site on this link :- https://www.palit.com/palit/download.php?lang=en

They silently updated the update today, the file zip name is the same but when you unzip it you will see the new file name is VGA_BIOS_Upgrade_0401-3090.exe not as with the broken update yesterday it was VGA_BIOS_Upgrade_0325-3090.exe.

I just updated both my 3090 GameRocks and I also updated both switches, performance switch one and quiet switch 2. So remember to update them one by one and to update then reboot make sure all ok, then shut down and flick the switch and do the same so that way both bioses have the rebar update to them. Then remember to set to the switch you want for normal use .

All worked great you can confirm it works in the Nvidia drivers or with GPU-Z and it will say enabled.

Palit still hasn't replied to my email today with the serial numbers, I was just downloading it again and noticed they updated it silently grrrr. Anyways all good now.
When you have 2 cards in the system do you have to update both separately?.

Soldato
When you have 2 cards in the system do you have to update both separately?.

I updated mine one at a time , so I pulled one out then updated it then replaced with second one and updated, so basically 4 times you have to run the update, once for each BIOS switch.

Not worth risking updating with both in as the update tool may not have an option to pick a card and error again, or cause some unknown issue as not many people run SLI 3090s.

EDIT: NOTE NOT ALL CARDS HAVE DUAL BIOS, The GameRocks do, other Palit cards may not have a dual BIOS switch at the back near the SLI fingers normally, so check your card manual or specs if it has a dual BIOS, if it has only one (no switch) then flash once only.

Last edited:
Associate
Great work guys.

Before I update... I have the Palit gaming pro oc not gamerock.

I presumed I just had one bios not a bios switch correct?

So, just flash and fingers crossed i guess?

I have disabled CSM and will flash vbios then restart and change bar settings in bios?

Soldato
Great work guys.

Before I update... I have the Palit gaming pro oc not gamerock.

I presumed I just had one bios not a bios switch correct?

So, just flash and fingers crossed i guess?

I have disabled CSM and will flash vbios then restart and change bar settings in bios?

Not all cards have dual bios switch, the GameRocks do. So if you have only one bios and no switch you flash it once only.

Yes make sure to have Nvidia latest drivers installed then flash and then reboot go to the motherboard Bios and enable rebar and 4g, read the acrobat file in the update folder for the graphics card bios.

If you pc boots fine with CSM off then it is already set right to UEFI boot and you have a GPT boot disk setup. CSM has to be off when enabling ReBar and your windows install must be in GPT not MBR.

Soldato
Strange... I just flashed and it looked to be successful, but the bios version is showing the same number. I would have thought it would change right?
BIOS version number stays the same, only difference is you will see ReBar enabled if you enabled it in the motherboard bios, use GPU-Z to confirm it will say enabled in the ReBar box and same in the nvidia information area in the drivers from the drop down menus at top, it will say YES when enabled.

Soldato
I just followed all the tips completely and it still says disabled in GPU Z !
Did the update run correctly and at the end asked you to reboot ? the BIOS ReBar update I mean.

If it did then go check if there is a motherboard bios update if you have enabled rebar and 4g in the motherboard bios and have CSM off and set to UEFI.

Could be your motherboard BIOS now if the update worked and asked you to backup the BIOS first then asks do you want to update after and you said yes then it will say reboot pc so the new Graphics BIOS works. BUT you must have the correct settings in the motherboard bios too. Check for motherboard latest bios now and if on latest clear your bios settings with the CMOS switch or jumper on the motherboard then add the settings back in you need.

What motherboard are you on and motherboard bios version?

Associate
Update ran as you say above.

I've set the settings as you say as well in bios.

Gigabyte Aorus Master X570

Bios version F33a (not absolute latest)

Latest is F33i but my version is meant to support re-sizeable bar i am sure. I have the options set in the bios!

If I try the newest bios could I not reset bios to stock settings rather than clear cmos?

mobo page says this...

Support for BAR:

Chipset

BIOS Version

X570

F32 and later

Soldato
Update ran as you say above.

I've set the settings as you say as well in bios.

Gigabyte Aorus Master X570

Bios version F33a (not absolute latest)

Latest is F33i but my version is meant to support re-sizeable bar i am sure. I have the options set in the bios!

If I try the newest bios could I not reset bios to stock settings rather than clear cmos?

mobo page says this...

Support for BAR:

Chipset

BIOS Version

X570

F32 and later

Update your motherboard BIOS, a lot with so called ReBar support don't work. So make sure to be on the latest one. Do that first and rule that out.

Soldato

Im abit hesitant due to my cpu and board not being listed even though i've already updated the bios Z390 board with the ReBar enabled. But seen a lot of people with non supported cpus and boards running into issues....

Back
Top Bottom