• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK Intel Rocketlake review thread

Soldato
I'm happy with the i5-11400. I wanted it for a Plex/Unraid server. I found out everything I needed to know, a few weeks back, from the Intel spec sheet on their database. I'm not disappointed!

Soldato
11900K is a decent performance CPU which is worse and less efficient than the competition. The name sucks but whatever. The price is where it calls customers morons to their face and that's the major problem with it.

There's nothing wrong with releasing a less competitive design but it ought to be priced accordingly if you want it to sell.

Maybe they don't want it to sell. Could be a ridiculous long con to make the next --900K "improvement over last gen" charts look amazing.

Soldato
11900K is a decent performance CPU which is worse and less efficient than the competition. The name sucks but whatever. The price is where it calls customers morons to their face and that's the major problem with it.

There's nothing wrong with releasing a less competitive design but it ought to be priced accordingly if you want it to sell.

Maybe they don't want it to sell. Could be a ridiculous long con to make the next --900K "improvement over last gen" charts look amazing.

that doesnt really work when you have rival also on the charts, you say peformance is decent but its stuggling vs the older model 10900k which is cheaper heck even the 10850k can be had for around £350 not to mention it uses more power while losing 2 cores

6eXxRSq.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
that doesnt really work when you have rival also on the charts, you say peformance is decent but its stuggling vs the older model 10900k which is cheaper heck even the 10850k can be had for around £350 not to mention it uses more power while losing 2 cores

I think it's fair to say that this is Broadwell all over again. Technically its a better cpu but in reality it's not really an upgrade at all. Buy to say its 'struggling' is just silly. All of those cpus will give you stupid levels of desktop performance especially gaming and non of them 'struggle' in anything unless your doing professional work that scales well over multiple cores in which you wouldn't be on a desktop platform anyway imho.

Soldato
I think it's fair to say that this is Broadwell all over again. Technically its a better cpu but in reality it's not really an upgrade at all. Buy to say its 'struggling' is just silly. All of those cpus will give you stupid levels of desktop performance especially gaming and non of them 'struggle' in anything unless your doing professional work that scales well over multiple cores in which you wouldn't be on a desktop platform anyway imho.

Dont think it would be wrong to place rocket lake below AMD and Intel 10th Gen

Caporegime

Lets ignore AMD for a second and just look at Intel competing with Intel, the 11900K is slower than the 10900K its replaced, in everything, while also using more power.

Associate
Lets ignore AMD for a second and just look at Intel competing with Intel, the 11900K is slower than the 10900K its replaced, in everything, while also using more power.

Not everything. And If you think I'm defending I'm not. It's not a great release from Intel but I'm not surprised either, but we'd be fools to judge this release by just its flagship product. The lower tier cpus are where the money is for intel and the 11600's and lower skus look competitive and bring pci4 into the equation.

Caporegime
Not everything. And If you think I'm defending I'm not. It's not a great release from Intel but I'm not surprised either, but we'd be fools to judge this release by just its flagship product. The lower tier cpus are where the money is for intel and the 11600's and lower skus look competitive and bring pci4 into the equation.

The 10600K is still better, i get that a lot of reviewers are pointing at the 11600K and saying "its not all bad" but they are also starting to feel concious of bashing Intel and are looking for an angle to say something positive.

Back
Top Bottom