Derek Chauvin murder trial (Police officer who arrested George Floyd)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
No. Just Minneapolis.
Which is a total hell hole. Wipe your feet on the way out kind of place.

"Violent crimes soared by 21% in Minneapolis last year,
The city recorded 5,422 violent crime incidents, including homicides, rapes, robberies and aggravated assaults, according to preliminary year-end Minneapolis police statistics"

105 police officers have now left and 155+ are on leave.

I guess it needs context.

The left and right of the country bash each other's faces in while the centrists who think nothing is wrong with this moan incessantly about how their apathy isn't resolving the situation.

I suppose technically it is a win for those people who actually want to employ violence to justify their views on either side of the aisle, but it's still objectively a loss for all involved. Just wait, you'll be unsurprised with the outcome.

Soldato
If it was 2 on 1, without handcuffs, sure, I get that. But it was 3 on 1, and he was in handcuffs...

In BJJ I will often go knee on belly, and I totally understand using a knee as a leverage point or pressure tool to gain a position, but to then leave it there once a dominant position is secured and the subject is handcuffed? for 9 minutes?! Utterly unnecessary and anyone who has ever done any form of positional grappling, never mind actual combat, would say the same thing.

Just because you believe it's excessive doesn't mean it is in the eyes of the law

My thoughts are, why didn't they perform CPR after realising Floyd had no pulse, that's equally part of the procedure as kneeling on the neck is, that's where people should really be focused because from what it seems, kneeling on the neck was perfectly acceptable given the situation

Soldato
I guess it needs context.

The left and right of the country bash each other's faces in while the centrists who think nothing is wrong with this moan incessantly about how their apathy isn't resolving the situation.

I suppose technically it is a win for those people who actually want to employ violence to justify their views on either side of the aisle, but it's still objectively a loss for all involved. Just wait, you'll be unsurprised with the outcome.

Did you even read my post.

Most places with a high black population is a hell hole.
Even the Asians want out because the blacks beat them up.

Soldato
I did. I ask again what has that got to do with the multiple charges placed on Derek chauvin and the other officers?

Please feel free to explain how you made that jump. I will wait.

"character witness" as I said they should allow the lady who he threatened to kill her and the unborn child.
You want the truth....don't you.

Oh and he was hated that much, he had to leave the state.

Caporegime
Seems to me to be a case of multiple self-fulfilling prophecies goaded on by a compliant media, how exactly does a completely innocent Black male escape such an environment?

Soldato
_117768363_numbers-witnesses.png
MMA guy's a manlet! I wonder win between him and dumpy diversity hire 6.

Soldato
They turn it in to that.
The black people with the money leave asap....the rest...welll.....
Just to spring board off this idea. It is kind of funny to think that when those black people are going through school and are trying to succeed they get mocked by other black people and are called an Oreo etc..

Insert surprise pikachu face when they decide to high tail it out of there.

Soldato
MMA guy's a manlet! I wonder win between him and dumpy diversity hire 6.

I wonder if he would beat you up if you called him a manlet, I’m guessing yes, but then I’m also guessing you wouldn’t say that to his face, or ever want to compete in MMA with him or someone like him.

Man of Honour
It goes hand in hand with the authoritarianism and bootlicking that right wing racists need to make themselves feel better.

It goes hand in hand with opposing the authoritarianism and bootlicking that left wing racists need to make themselves feel better.

It's not right wing racists who are demanding that people literally bend the knee to them.

It's not right wing racists who have started an entirely ideology solely to promote the belief that a person's life only matters if they're the "right race".

It's not right wing racists who, acting on the above belief, don't give a damn when "white" people die in similar circumstances to George Floyd.

It's not right wing racists who, acting on the above belief, demand that everyone pretend that most of the people killed by police in the USA never existed because they're the "wrong race".

It's not right wing racists who dominate the media and politics and impose a ludicrous degree of bias.

It's not right wing racists who use nationwide violence and intimidation to further their agenda.

It's not right wing racists who are calling for the abolition of the rule of law and its replacement with whatever its own militias decide to impose.

It's not right wing racists who are demanding absolute obedience from all people in all things - deeds, words, thoughts and feelings - and imposing "re-education programs" on people to do that, especially targetting children.

It's not right wing racists who are advocating insurrection and racist genocide.

There are authoritarian right wing racists who are as bad as authoritarian left wing racists, but they have far less power so they're far less dangerous. There's hardly any difference between the two, anyway. Authoritarian racists are authoritarian racists. A different position in economic policies is minor in comparison.

Soldato
It goes hand in hand with opposing the authoritarianism and bootlicking that left wing racists need to make themselves feel better.

It's not right wing racists who are demanding that people literally bend the knee to them.

It's not right wing racists who have started an entirely ideology solely to promote the belief that a person's life only matters if they're the "right race".

It's not right wing racists who, acting on the above belief, don't give a damn when "white" people die in similar circumstances to George Floyd.

It's not right wing racists who, acting on the above belief, demand that everyone pretend that most of the people killed by police in the USA never existed because they're the "wrong race".

It's not right wing racists who dominate the media and politics and impose a ludicrous degree of bias.

It's not right wing racists who use nationwide violence and intimidation to further their agenda.

It's not right wing racists who are calling for the abolition of the rule of law and its replacement with whatever its own militias decide to impose.

It's not right wing racists who are demanding absolute obedience from all people in all things - deeds, words, thoughts and feelings - and imposing "re-education programs" on people to do that, especially targetting children.

It's not right wing racists who are advocating insurrection and racist genocide.

There are authoritarian right wing racists who are as bad as authoritarian left wing racists, but they have far less power so they're far less dangerous. There's hardly any difference between the two, anyway. Authoritarian racists are authoritarian racists. A different position in economic policies is minor in comparison.

It is scary that not a word of that is untrue.

Man of Honour
What's the point of this witness on now, floyd's girlfriend, apart from attempting to pull at the heart strings of the audience ??

That's the foundation of the prosecution's case. Emotional appeal and racism is their thing. The most inferior race doing the most inferior job killed a person of the superior race and must be punished!

Legally speaking, it's their duty to do so. They are required to represent their client as effectively as possible and that's what's most effective in the current circumstances. Legal cases are not about evidence. They're about swaying a jury. In some cases, like this one, they're also about politics and a wider audience. Evidence might (or might not) play a role but it's not the point. That's why there are rules in place to try to make evidence more important in trials, but they can only go so far. Fundamentally, the system is based on lawyers competing to sway the jury in favour of their client. It's better than some due to those rules ('Pro Caelio' from Marcus Tullius Cicero comes to mind as a superbly skilled example of character assassination in court as a legal tool), but it's still fundamentally about swaying the jury rather than about evidence.

Soldato
I wonder if he would beat you up if you called him a manlet, I’m guessing yes, but then I’m also guessing you wouldn’t say that to his face, or ever want to compete in MMA with him or someone like him.

Says the person who likes to threaten assault on people on these forums based on whether you imagine, by what appears to be a very nebulous definition, them to be fascists?

TLDR: Bash the fash.

The Fash will be get bashed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom