Games you're playing, and games...

Man of Honour
Ridiculously fast or slow load times on Series X?

Fast. I can barely read the loading screen lore/tips. 4-5s max.

I'm confused, this game isn't on my gamepass.

You can preload using the Xbox app (have been able to for over a week). Then I joined New Zealand for the day :p

It's out tomorrow. He's playing the demo.

Switched to the full game this afternoon. Just have to set your region as New Zealand. Very easy - I mean I managed it!

Man of Honour
@CaptainRAVE so it's perfectly playable solo? I gather you can join with randoms too. I don't fancy trying to coordinate other people to play it regularly.

So far it’s been fine. Apparently there are some classes that lean more toward solo - the devastator for example. Tried some other classes and found it difficult, but that might just be my play style. You can lower the difficulty any time - it just affects the drops. I had one boss I just couldn’t do at the highest difficulty that I had unlocked, so next go I just popped the difficulty down slightly. It’s a good system.

Haven’t had much luck joining others yet, but I can’t say I’ve persevered.

Caporegime
So if there's one thing I've learned since having my Xbox since Christmas, it's that I don't give a fig about achievements. Trophies (esp. platinum) are way more satisfying. So that affects my digital purchase decisions. I've decided to keep buying from the PlayStation store to that end even if the process (no smart delivery) and PS5 versions might be slightly inferior to the Xbox Series versions of games. Xbox just purely for Game Pass. PS/PC for everything else.

Talking of platinum trophies, currently chasing Infamous 2 platinum. Got Infamous 1 earlier this week.

Soldato
Played some Outriders this morning for a few hours and then swiftly uninstalled it, it just didnt interest me whatsoever.
Back to Apex Legends for the rest of the day :)

It's the same game I've played before just a different settings. Feels distinctly last gen but I'll probs finish the story.

Associate
Finished Mafia Definitive Edition yesterday and really enjoyed it, there are a few graphical glitches (cars vanishing into thin air whilst driving towards them) and the gunplay is decidedly inaccurate at times, but overall a really good story-based single player game IMO.

So if there's one thing I've learned since having my Xbox since Christmas, it's that I don't give a fig about achievements. Trophies (esp. platinum) are way more satisfying.

Just out of curiosity why do you find trophies more compelling than achievements, they're both essentially the same thing aren't they?

Caporegime
Just out of curiosity why do you find trophies more compelling than achievements, they're both essentially the same thing aren't they?

Pretty much except you get diddly squat for 100%-ing a game on Xbox. The platinum trophy makes a lot of difference to satisfaction. Also, there is a fantastic website, psnprofiles.com that I track all my trophies on. I don't think there is an exact equivalent for Xbox.

Soldato
How ever long Platinum trophies have been a thing I've never felt compelled to try for one and I've been playing since before that. I turn those kinds of notifications off not interested.

Soldato
Been playing No Mans Sky lately, this has turned into a masterpiece - I played it at launch and it was awful, now it is a fully fleshed out space exploration game, props to Hello Games!

Gonna have a go on Disco Elysium: The Final Cut, looks fantastic now it is all fully voice acted - That is one thing that put me off the original, so much reading! :D

Soldato
Gonna have a go on Disco Elysium: The Final Cut, looks fantastic now it is all fully voice acted - That is one thing that put me off the original, so much reading! :D

Im playing this at the moment and I’m not sure what to make of it. Not very far in but struggling to see what all the fuss is about. It’s definitely weird that’s for sure....

Soldato
Im playing this at the moment and I’m not sure what to make of it. Not very far in but struggling to see what all the fuss is about. It’s definitely weird that’s for sure....

I have been playing a good few hours, but something about it isn't drawing me in - I can apprecaite that it is a great game, but i'm finding it a little too slow and the fact the whole game is revolving around listening/reading to dialogue is putting me off

Might continue and see if it picks up, if not i'll probably shelve it - How are you getting on with it?

Soldato
I have been playing a good few hours, but something about it isn't drawing me in - I can apprecaite that it is a great game, but i'm finding it a little too slow and the fact the whole game is revolving around listening/reading to dialogue is putting me off

Might continue and see if it picks up, if not i'll probably shelve it - How are you getting on with it?

Feel the same tbh. I usually really enjoy this type of game but I'm just not getting on with this at all if anything I'm finding it rather boring.

Back
Top Bottom