LG CX (C10) OLED 2020 Thread

Associate
Thanks for that. Is it necessary to use the gaming mode or can I use a general setting to avoid changing picture modes every time I want to play a game or watch a movie?

Associate
I'm about to buy a 65CX, I know there's a lot of reflection, but will it be like a mirror on dark movies? Nothing worse than looking at my own reflection.

I'll be using in a dimly lit room.

Caporegime
I'm about to buy a 65CX, I know there's a lot of reflection, but will it be like a mirror on dark movies? Nothing worse than looking at my own reflection.

I'll be using in a dimly lit room.
Yeah, they are known for being like mirrors on dark movies these 65 CX's, you read it everywhere! Awful things.

Associate
My CX is fine as long as the source of light isn't directly behind you to cause the reflection.

If there's bright sunlight coming through a nearby window then you can have some trouble during dark scenes, but otherwise there's no issue.

Caporegime
I just received and plugged in my Cablematters Gigabit ethernet USB adapter (Cable Matters USB to Ethernet Adapter (USB 3.0 to Ethernet) Supporting 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet Network in Black: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories) and it just started working immediately. I tried to run a speed test via the integrated web browser and it appeared to be limited by the internal TV memory or app write speed so couldn't display the download speed properly and only showed 70Mbps. However, the upload speed was 300Mbps+ so it is definitely working and far quicker than the standard ethernet port. Max theoretical speed I will get is of course limited by the USB 2.0 port bandwith of the TV.

Last edited:
Soldato
Good info, but what is that input lag/ boost setting all about, cant see that on CX/series X, unless it's a new thing on 2021 sets.

LG has added a new [Game Optimiser] menu to its 2021 OLED TVs including the G1 and C1, offering features such as an [Input Lag Boost] mode that cuts input lag down even further.

Soldato
Is their suggest setting for movie watching? . Mine just arrived, Xbox is linked up too if their are setting for that.

Just tweaked the Drak Expert mode. Watching Godzilla Vs King with HDR, dear lord.

Last edited:
Associate
I think the settings are just for games and desktop use. Pretty sure they say the standard Cinema/Home Cinema/ISF Dark or bright are good enough for movie watching.

Associate
Is standard picture mode not suitable for watching movies if true motion is turned off? I'm struggling to adjust to ISF Expert Dark with warm 2, the colours look muted to me. Also I don't see any option for ISF Expert Dark in the HDR picture settings?

Associate
So I've got a 65CX arriving, looking to buy some 4k bluray discs. What's the norm these days, you buy an external bluray player or something for your PC?

Back
Top Bottom