Cyberpunk 2077

Soldato
Does PS version still only have the performance mode or is quality and option like on Xbox?

Seen this on the cheap and can't decide whether to play on PS5 or Series X.

Soldato
Seen this on the cheap and can't decide whether to play on PS5 or Series X.

Neither, if you've waited this long you may as well hold off until they've fixed more issues and released the next-gen version. It still hasn't been reinstated to the PS Store so that should immediately tell you something.

Soldato
Neither, if you've waited this long you may as well hold off until they've fixed more issues and released the next-gen version. It still hasn't been reinstated to the PS Store so that should immediately tell you something.

I had it on release but returned it due to the bugs.

I'm not expecting much out of the next gen version, all we're really talking about it is some better textures, denser crowds and maybe ray tracing... So basically the PC version.

Soldato
Had a play on ps4 pro with patch 1.2 and no game breaking bugs, crazy sci-fi stuff and looked good but performance is bad, according to pushsquare website reports the pro last gen console sticks much closer to its targeted 30fps, hahaha subpar console, targeted 30 fps for a first person shooter? lol

Associate
I had it on release but returned it due to the bugs.

I'm not expecting much out of the next gen version, all we're really talking about it is some better textures, denser crowds and maybe ray tracing... So basically the PC version.

This, it's not going to transform anything about the game. a lot of bug fixes happening in between the release and next gen update having the most impact to your experience but largely nothing to do with the update itself.

You're going to get a PC graphic update, albeit with reduced ray tracing intensity. I had few bugs on PS5 during release [in game], just crashed a lot (once or twice per hour) which is shocking for a console as it's a known quantity.

Soldato

They definitely bit off more than they could chew, other albeit larger devs have created bigger, more interactive environments.

My time on Series X at launch wasn't that bad bug wise, I returned it partly out of protest as for £50 it should work.

Do love the look, style and music in the game, and the story interested me.

I've just rebought for a lot cheaper on PS4 to play on PS5, I just massively prefer the PS controller.

Caporegime
Had a play on ps4 pro with patch 1.2 and no game breaking bugs, crazy sci-fi stuff and looked good but performance is bad, according to pushsquare website reports the pro last gen console sticks much closer to its targeted 30fps, hahaha subpar console, targeted 30 fps for a first person shooter? lol

They were marketing it as the best RPG ever until about 3 days before launch when they probably realised it was false advertising. You've got to wonder how well it will run on PS5/XSX when they eventually add any sort of advanced AI system.

Soldato
You've got to wonder how well it will run on PS5/XSX when they eventually add any sort of advanced AI system.

I don't think it's likely the AI will change much, they can alter the scripting but fundamentally changing the engine in such a way doesn't seem very likely.

And remember CDPR have farmed this out to another firm, my guess would be you'll simply have better textures and performance. Or basically the PC version.

Back
Top Bottom