• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia Re-Size Bar/SAM support is live for some cards, more in March - 10% performance gains

Associate
Are you sure the GPU flash went through (going by what you said before)?

The Vendors Bios will remain the same build, it only updates part of it like the DP 1.4 Firmware did for older cards.

I do not think Windows is to blame, it worked long ago on AMD on Haswell with Windows.

Well, it said it was successful and restart required.

It asked me to save a copy of bios, which i did, to disk, then updated and said restart.

I guess I could try it one more time?

The only thing I did differently if I would do it again now..

I orginally did not have 4g bar etc. selected in bios. I did that after vbios flash..

Soldato
The annoyance I have now is when my card is booted in uefi mode my bios is in low resolution, text is blury quite badly. It is odd as the actual post screen is higher resolution, but it switches on entering the bios. In CSM mode it was all nice and sharp. Also the windows boot menu is now in a small centred part of screen, not full screen anymore.

Bios doesnt let me force the resolution either, its either auto or force low resolution.

Soldato
I have a card that i think only uses one (not dual switch) . Are you guessing that it flashed the old bios on it for reason? As it seemed to save the old bios somewhere? I just presumed that was a safety thing

if you run the tool again with rebar and 4g enabled in the bios, it should say you are running the bios, if it gives you an option to flash it again then try again the gpu bios rebar tool. It will either run or say you are using this update.

Associate
if you run the tool again with rebar and 4g enabled in the bios, it should say you are running the bios, if it gives you an option to flash it again then try again the gpu bios rebar tool. It will either run or say you are using this update.

Hey, I run it again. It gave the same option to save copy of bios which i ignored this time. Then gave option to install which i did, then said, success, reboot required. And... no BAR.

Soldato
Hey, I run it again. It gave the same option to save copy of bios which i ignored this time. Then gave option to install which i did, then said, success, reboot required. And... no BAR.
It's your motherboard BIOS then, either they need to update the BIOS or you are not putting the right settings in, aslong as you have the latest nvidia drivers on windows and you have now updated the card correctly.

So contact the motherboard maker and hope they have another BIOS or one coming soon with a fix. Google and check if others with your motherboard are having the same problems, also check you have amds chipset drivers installed for x570 the latest ones and if that fails you can try DDU the drivers and install again. Nothing else to try now.

Soldato
Yes your backing up the OC profiles basically.

I think this may depend on board manufacturer, asrock lock usb backups to a specific bios version, its stored in the header.

On both bios updates I did even the minor 4.20B to 4.20C when I selected load backup from file and navigated to usb stick the files were simply not visible.

Permabanned
tried enabling rebar for flight simulator via profile inspector, no gains no loses, exactly same frames for this time

rbar disabled
8lp94za.png

rbar enabled
v0f29A4.png

Associate

Are you trying to update a Gigabyte card? I had already updated my mobo BIOS and Nvidia drivers, so only had the GPU bios left to flash. I was running into issues where once I downloaded the bios file and saved it onto the desktop, I tried to run it and got a warning message saying that windows couldn't find the file as it was looking in a temp folder (The image was uploaded by another member a few pages back). I tried copying the executable into the temp folder and running it, and got a warning that it couldn't find the right dll file. I then copied all the files to that temp folder and tried running it there. I then instantly got a message that the flash was successful, and did I want to reboot? I said yes, restarted...No ReBAR.

I then cut the files back to a folder on the desktop, tried to run it again, and this time I got a command prompt window, it spent 30 seconds or so reflashing... Did I want to reboot? Success. It seems that the Gigabyte update at least is very sensitive to where the files are found. Even with a success message from the Bios updater you cannot be sure that the GPU has actually flashed unless the command prompt window appears and completes, is my takeaway. I'm not technical enough to understand the reasons why, but just to reiterate to be certain the bios updated?

Associate
Are you trying to update a Gigabyte card? I had already updated my mobo BIOS and Nvidia drivers, so only had the GPU bios left to flash. I was running into issues where once I downloaded the bios file and saved it onto the desktop, I tried to run it and got a warning message saying that windows couldn't find the file as it was looking in a temp folder (The image was uploaded by another member a few pages back). I tried copying the executable into the temp folder and running it, and got a warning that it couldn't find the right dll file. I then copied all the files to that temp folder and tried running it there. I then instantly got a message that the flash was successful, and did I want to reboot? I said yes, restarted...No ReBAR.

I then cut the files back to a folder on the desktop, tried to run it again, and this time I got a command prompt window, it spent 30 seconds or so reflashing... Did I want to reboot? Success. It seems that the Gigabyte update at least is very sensitive to where the files are found. Even with a success message from the Bios updater you cannot be sure that the GPU has actually flashed unless the command prompt window appears and completes, is my takeaway. I'm not technical enough to understand the reasons why, but just to reiterate to be certain the bios updated?

Hey, I am trying to update the Palit Gaming Pro OC 3090.

I've noticed it bitched about not having enough system resources or something the first time. I put that down to my antivirus as it tried to quarantine the bios files, in error I suppose.

I just unzipped the files to the downloads folder and ran from there with anti virus disabled.

Not 100% sure where else I should try running from. Perhaps the desktop? I only have the exe. file to run.

Associate

Mate and all of you absolute legends... It actually bloody works.

So, I actually extracted the .exe file which revealed other files such as .dll and setup files and also nvflash was on there.

I ran it from the root of C as John said and by the gods it actually worked like 5th time round!

I am going to have a short cry and go to bed.

How the hell would anyone know to extract the .exe file after unpacking the original zip file?

Am I am dumbass or a complete genius? I'll go with the former.

As a little note, I never got any other messages other than complete success of bios install even when it messed up (apart from anti virus trying to get in the way.)

I bet ppl won't update due to this.

I hope my perseverance rewards me with 4 fps not a decrease!

KjWctAU.png

Last edited:
Associate
Glad you got it working! Certainly for Gigabyte, I'm not sure you have to manually unzip it, as i *think* that an unzip program is included with the download files, so I believe the extractor uses that itself to unzip the necessary files. But like I said, I'm nowhere as technically minded as a number of people here.

I can safely say I haven't noticed the fps increase yet on Football Manager...

Soldato
The annoyance I have now is when my card is booted in uefi mode my bios is in low resolution, text is blury quite badly. It is odd as the actual post screen is higher resolution, but it switches on entering the bios. In CSM mode it was all nice and sharp. Also the windows boot menu is now in a small centred part of screen, not full screen anymore.

Bios doesnt let me force the resolution either, its either auto or force low resolution.

I see you used Asrock Fatality K6 Z370 and I been googled Asrock UEFI low resolution for 2 hours and almost gave up until I found a solution with last link to visited.

Not sure if this is solved but for me setting "Video OpRom Policy" to UEFI only and leaving all others as "Legacy only" enables HD in the UEFI.

http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4322&PN=2&title=z270-extreme-4-full-hd-not-working

Back
Top Bottom