**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
10T Pro has just dropped to £400 if you want Xiaomi. Or OnePlus 8T for £450.

Thank you, just realised I forgot to actually put my budget, hopefully less than £250! :cry:

I think I'm probably going to get the X3 Pro on Wednesday, £150'ish for the spec it's got is a bargain, don't think you can go wrong.

Soldato
Wow that's insane. Good buy!

MIL has been thrilled with her Redmi 9, battery lasts days and days with the little she uses it.

It's a beauty for a budget smartphone! Very impressed with its performance and design.

uc

uc

uc

Caporegime
Nope, I just don't see any reason to upgrade from the F1 yet... unless it breaks or battery life starts to get unmanageable (down to 75% health after 26 months). Camera is still great unless you need ultrawide or telephoto but I have a proper camera for that stuff.

Where can you see health?

I feel the same I just got a Poco f2 Pro and the only thing I'm really missing is the faster refresh screen but not going to pay £200-£250 just for that.

I reckon this is the first phone in a decade I'll keep long term. It's perfect in every way.

Soldato
Where can you see health?

I feel the same I just got a Poco f2 Pro and the only thing I'm really missing is the faster refresh screen but not going to pay £200-£250 just for that.

I reckon this is the first phone in a decade I'll keep long term. It's perfect in every way.

I use an app called AccuBattery - it tracks all of the charging data and power usage.

Soldato
I picked up a brand new Mi10t Pro 5G today from Xiaomi for £359 earlier.

The intention is for it to replace my OnePlus Nord which tbh, I am not impressed with coming from my P20 Pro.

What are everyone's thoughts on Xiaomi's OS? I know Oxygen is very light, what's Xiaomi's like?

Soldato
It's certainly not light -indeed it's probably one of the heaviest skins out there - but if you disable ads (limited to Xiaomi's own apps) and disable any programs you don't want, then I find it fine on my 10T Lite... and I came from LineageOS on an Android One phone before that, which is about as slim as you'll.

Hopefully an official LineageOS will become available for more recent Xiaomi phones too, but to be honest I'm coping fine with it as is at the moment. I went straight to a stable beta of MIUI 12, though MIUI 12.5 ought to be be rolled out over the summer and apparently that will allow you to uninstall more included apps.

Soldato
It's certainly not light -indeed it's probably one of the heaviest skins out there - but if you disable ads (limited to Xiaomi's own apps) and disable any programs you don't want, then I find it fine on my 10T Lite... and I came from LineageOS on an Android One phone before that, which is about as slim as you'll.

Hopefully an official LineageOS will become available for more recent Xiaomi phones too, but to be honest I'm coping fine with it as is at the moment. I went straight to a stable beta of MIUI 12, though MIUI 12.5 ought to be be rolled out over the summer and apparently that will allow you to uninstall more included apps.

What app do you use to strip out the stuff you don't need?

Back
Top Bottom