Evil Genius 2 (E3 2019)

Associate
Just about to assemble my new gaming rig and typically I will end up spending hours on a game that could play just as well on an iPad by the looks of things.

But fun though right?

Caporegime
Seeing a few reviews of it being significantly dumbed down compared to the original, almost to the point of it feeling like a mobile game, which is a shame if true.

Though it really wouldn't surprise me if that was done on purpose, as PC game to mobile game ports (This War Of Mine, Slay The Spire, etc) bring in extra dosh.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Seeing a few reviews of it being significantly dumbed down compared to the original, almost to the point of it feeling like a mobile game, which is a shame if true.

Though it really wouldn't surprise me if that was done on purpose, as PC game to mobile game ports (This War Of Mine, Slay The Spire, etc) bring in extra dosh.
from what I've seen of people playing it's pretty much the same as the original which basically was a mobile game before they existed.

one of the things I saw people complaining about being dumbed down is now missions arent a percent chance but just need as many minions as the mission says and it will complete.
wow hardly a massive change that makes any difference

Soldato
OP
I think the graphics are pretty good considering if you think about the old version. Whats starting to annoy me is the controls I want the old ones back. I find myself subconsciously clicking the mouse which would do something in the first one only for it not to happen in this.

Commissario
I've been playing this a bit, and it really does feel like an updated version of the first game with some changes to things that where annoying/got complaints and taking advantage of the increased processing power.
So no limit (that i've seen) on minions other than your barracks, unlike the original which was set to 100 which was far too low but could be edited via an ini (IIRC the limit was due to CPU's at the time), more bases to choose from and the ability to have multiple levels in your base:)

Associate
I have been keeping an eye on this and watching some reviews, looks like it might scratch a certain itch, but i have a few othert games that need my time first before investing in another time sink. Hopefully by the time i get round to this there will be a healthy discount.

Associate
I've been playing this a bit, and it really does feel like an updated version of the first game with some changes to things that where annoying/got complaints and taking advantage of the increased processing power.
So no limit (that i've seen) on minions other than your barracks, unlike the original which was set to 100 which was far too low but could be edited via an ini (IIRC the limit was due to CPU's at the time), more bases to choose from and the ability to have multiple levels in your base:)

I'm fairly sure the minion limit is set at 300.

My only complaints so far are the world map and research tree.

The world map needs to be visually clean ala evil genius .

Parts of the research tree need moving around.

Other than that the game plays well, love the building mode and the multi layered islands.

Soldato
Been playing for ten hours now. Still love it, played the first one to death. It definitely gets super hard later on, I had a point where I went from 140 minions to 43 after a huge fight broke out. Reminds me of the time I used red in the first game and RPG’d half of my lair. Honestly worth the money, looking forward to the dlc in the future too.

Associate
Played for a bit but I'm stuck, the side quest steal the meteor can't be completed, I have researched the level 2 criminal network but it won't unlock... So that's as far as I can progress, can't start another side quest until it's finished.

EDIT: Figured it out, game could have made that clearer in the tutorial.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom