The Cryptolambo had gone to the moon... Time for Cryptolambo 2!!!

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
Spoke to Sue this evening and she did say for big jobs its 2-3 weeks off right now, hoping mine is a spot job they can fit inbetween other booked work.

Unfortunately while they would be happy doing a spray job to repair it, they would prefer to re-coat the whole wheel for a more durable finish thats less likely to have issues down the line.

Given theyve always done a top job for me in the past with honest advice have taken their recommendation for the slightly more expensive option.

Price agreed with a socially distant handshake :)

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
Car was getting a bit difficult to see out the windscreen with the miles being piled on the last few days. Have a valet coming to give it a full proper clean next week but in the meantime...

Autobrite magifoam and then pressure washed off with a raceglaze 0ppm filter and left to sun-dry.

Good enough :D

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
Is that foam stuff any good compared to just using normal shampoo? I've always thought of it as a bit gimmicky.

Most on the market are useless and yes a gimmick.

Bilthamber (when used strong) and magifoam however actually shift dirt really well. I prefer the magifoam for the thickness stops it drying out in the sun. And the results above speak for themself tbh :)

OcUK Staff
Most on the market are useless and yes a gimmick.

Bilthamber (when used strong) and magifoam however actually shift dirt really well. I prefer the magifoam for the thickness stops it drying out in the sun. And the results above speak for themself tbh :)

This!
I use Bilthamber for when I want to foam arches and underside of car and magifoam for paintwork both great.

OcUK Staff
Magifoam is great as a reset but will destroy any ceramic coatings. Hopefully you re-coated/protected the car after that.

Magifoam is not a wax or sealant remover and won’t destroy a ceramic coating. I tend to use Si02 coatings and have also used waxes and various other sealants and Magifoam has not removed any of them.

Soldato
Do you plan for a cover or anything? I have an outdoor cover for my 4C just because I hate how grimy it gets. Not 2 hours after washing and it’s filthy again from dust or rain, season dependant!

Driveway looks awesome, I’m so hyped for the day I afford a garage lol.

Soldato
Do you plan for a cover or anything? I have an outdoor cover for my 4C just because I hate how grimy it gets. Not 2 hours after washing and it’s filthy again from dust or rain, season dependant!

Driveway looks awesome, I’m so hyped for the day I afford a garage lol.
Dint covers tend to scratch though? Liking the contrast between the car and drive. Just fir a laugh have you tried fitting it in the garage:D, please take a pic if you do:cry:.

Back
Top Bottom