*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Associate
What are people's Link USB speed test currently?
I'm getting much lower than my previous which ranged between 2 and 2.9 Gbps. I think it went down to around 2 with one of the Oculus runtime updates.
Using Oculus recommended Anker USB 3.0 cable

To enable Nvidia Re-Size BAR I updated to latest BIOS, re-installed Windows 10 due to wrong partition/boot sector type, installed chipset drivers from Gigabyte website (correct for my Motherboard), re-installed Oculus etc.
Re-Size BAR is enabled ok but for some reason only getting 1.2Gbps in Link USB test. Tried many times and get exact same result

Associate
What are people's Link USB speed test currently?
I'm getting much lower than my previous which ranged between 2 and 2.9 Gbps. I think it went down to around 2 with one of the Oculus runtime updates.
Using Oculus recommended Anker USB 3.0 cable

To enable Nvidia Re-Size BAR I updated to latest BIOS, re-installed Windows 10 due to wrong partition/boot sector type, installed chipset drivers from Gigabyte website (correct for my Motherboard), re-installed Oculus etc.
Re-Size BAR is enabled ok but for some reason only getting 1.2Gbps in Link USB test. Tried many times and get exact same result

Mine dropped from 2.3 to 1.3 after the previous PTC update

Associate
2.2 on the rebar pc, same as it was. As the guy above suggested try disabling public test channel if you have it on.
Thanks. Public Test Channel was off though.
Also tried the red Gen2 3.2 USB at the motherboard rear and still the exact same 1.2Gbps result every time.
Must be a MB BIOS thing, though am tempted to try chipset drivers from AMD site instead of Gigabyte

[EDIT] I went back to previous Gigabyte mobo F33a BIOS from a couple of months ago and it made no difference, still 1.2Gbps.
I decided to turn ON Public Test Channel...now I get 1.6Gbps every time I do the USB test, so I guess it's an Oculus 'issue'

Last edited:
Associate
Also tried the red Gen2 3.2 USB at the motherboard rear and still the exact same 1.2Gbps result every time.
Must be a MB BIOS thing, though am tempted to try chipset drivers from AMD site instead of Gigabyte

[EDIT] I went back to previous Gigabyte mobo F33a BIOS from a couple of months ago and it made no difference, still 1.2Gbps.
I decided to turn ON Public Test Channel...now I get 1.6Gbps every time I do the USB test, so I guess it's an Oculus 'issue'

Ayyyye, there's been a bunch of reports that all the recent oculus updates have nerfed the usb speeds.

I had a go at downgrading but couldn't get it to work!

Associate
Same here. Link was fine on V23, 2.6 Gbps and no stuttering. V25/V26 went down to 2.1 Gbps with stuttering, now V27 has dropped further to 1.1 Gbps with stuttering and even if 90Hz is selected, it is locked at 72Hz. I think Oculus have lost the plot during these latest updates and don't seem to be listening to all the reports on their forums/Reddit. They have also stopped responding to support tickets for me after giving out the usual reset the headset, re install Home software etc.

Associate
V27 might be the issue, I don't think mine has updated yet. I did get the locked to 72Hz thing with the PTC when I tried it last.
The updates since V23 have been all over the place as far as link is concerned.
I had to do a factory reset on my quest 1 after one of them, it stuttered and the audio sounded like it was underwater.

It's annoying that things that are clearly broken in the PTC keep getting rolled out despite being widely reported.

Soldato
Glad I bought an Oculus 2 again. Built up play time and can now do 2 hours of VR without any nausea. This is mostly with comfort settings and stationary games. Next step is full locomotive games.

Soldato

Same here. Link was fine on V23, 2.6 Gbps and no stuttering. V25/V26 went down to 2.1 Gbps with stuttering, now V27 has dropped further to 1.1 Gbps with stuttering and even if 90Hz is selected, it is locked at 72Hz. I think Oculus have lost the plot during these latest updates and don't seem to be listening to all the reports on their forums/Reddit. They have also stopped responding to support tickets for me after giving out the usual reset the headset, re install Home software etc.

Am getting 2.1

gDHYchW.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Has it affected performance? If it hasn't had any impact on performance, then maybe Oculus are reserving bandwidth for use with the Link.

On the other hand, If performance is also suffering then they have messed something up.

Soldato
Looks like a lot of people are not happy with the v27 update
V27 Update Megathread : OculusQuest (reddit.com)

They are never happy over on Reddit :p

But, yeah, it looks like it's not the greatest update ever. Oculus always do this a few months after the release of new headset, release a few terrible software updates before getting things back on track. Personally, I think they release these terrible updates to the general public as betas for us all to test.

Associate
So... A lovely new £3500 ROG Strix G733Q, a beautiful £100 link cable and a gorgeous £300 Oculus Quest 2. Only one problem. Oculus software is saying the laptop is incompatible (even though there is a 3080 inside the laptop) and Link won't work. To add insult to injury Facebook is insisting I have merged my account (when I haven't) as the Quest 2 is logged into my Oculus account as is my Rift S on my gaming PC. Any help in those two fronts would be much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom