Budget TV Recommendations

Soldato
Hello Everyone,

I looking for some help choosing a new TV. I'm very much out of the loop on this and any advice would be appreciated.

I'm about to complete on buying a house and am looking for a TV for the living room. However, my budget is rather limited at around £500 - £600 (kitting out a house from basically nothing is rather expensive). It would mainly be used for movies and TV shows via Plex and maybe gaming further down the line. I'm not looking for anything too large, 55" is about big as i can realistically fit in. It would also be preferred if i had a good stable stand as i don't think wall mounting it as option due to space constants.

I'm hoping to use an oldish Onkyo HTX-22HD 5.1 AV receiver unit for sound so am not concerned about the speaker being good. However, the TV needs to have audio out via a optical cable or would ARC using a HMDI cable work?

Soldato
OP
Thanks,

The Hisense looks to be the pick of the bunch. I've also found it for £515 at Costco but with 5 year warranty, so its slightly cheaper.

I did also notice some OLED screens for about £1K, the Panasonic 55HZ980B or LG OLED55BX6LB. I guess these would be a big upgrade but I'm not sure if they are worth paying nearly double for? I would also need to add in the cost of something like a Shield 4K to stream PLEX to and that makes things expensive.

Soldato
OP
I've seen OLEDs in shop displays and they are impressive. Never watched one in a home setting though. I'll find my way to Costco at some point soon as they should have both the Panasonic and Hisense on display so I can compare the two type of panel. A slightly tougher choice will be between the Panasonic and the LG as they both have their strengths and weaknesses.

Back
Top Bottom