Hayfever - Thread

Associate
I take the antihistamines all year round, I seem to have dust allergies. I also seem sensitive to strong smells like cleaning chemicals.

Likewise, i seem to get hayfever all year round, regardless of weather/season. Hell i get it when i walk into my garden where we have no flowers. I tend to keep 6-12months supply of Piritize tabs to keep me going

Soldato
Likewise, i seem to get hayfever all year round, regardless of weather/season. Hell i get it when i walk into my garden where we have no flowers. I tend to keep 6-12months supply of Piritize tabs to keep me going

Funnily enough I forgot my tablets on Friday night as I was so tired. Saturday I felt like hell. Runny nose, sneezing like mad which in turn game me headaches. I forget quite how same those tablets keep me from allergies!

Associate
Yeah.. i swear by Piritize tabs.. Even though they are expensive for what they are, i have tried several others - Clarityn (sp?), flu jabs etc, all of which worked to some degree but not as effective as Piritize

Associate
Just came to this thread, how are you guys doing with your hey fever. Mine is about to start but I have been taking one antihistamine a week since about February. Does it really help to preload with antihistamines .

Soldato
Just came to this thread, how are you guys doing with your hey fever. Mine is about to start but I have been taking one antihistamine a week since about February. Does it really help to preload with antihistamines .

A couple of doctors told my 16yr old son its worth taking antihistamines a week or 2 head of the pollen season too build up in your system . I take fexofenadine year round as I have a few allergies .

Blossom got my eyes itching last week luckily I always keep eye drops in

Soldato
I take a daily dose of 180mg Fexofenadine for a different medical condition, but it has the added benefit of sorting out my hay fever too. Haven't had any symptoms for years now.

Soldato
Got hit really hard with hayfever in Feb, had my Kenalog jab on the 2nd of March and not the slightest sign of hayfever since.

I had it last yeah after a lifetime of summers where I’d just want to stay in as I’d just be a snotty, sneezing, eye watering mess.. It was literally a switch that turned my hayfever off, I was amazed! Just need to wait for my symptoms to start so I can get it again this year, it was a real game changer for me. :)

Soldato
I had it last yeah after a lifetime of summers where I’d just want to stay in as I’d just be a snotty, sneezing, eye watering mess.. It was literally a switch that turned my hayfever off, I was amazed! Just need to wait for my symptoms to start so I can get it again this year, it was a real game changer for me. :)
I’ve been really happy with the results, i was told they would last up to the whole season as I had a double dose but it may wear off towards July/August time. :)

Associate
can you just ask the gp for this jab??
been suffering with runny nose and sneezing most weekend but not sure if its hayfever, dust allergies etc..

going to get a allergy test booked in first then take it from there i guess

Associate
been suffering with runny nose and sneezing most weekend but not sure if its hayfever, dust allergies etc..

it’s unlikely you’ll find a GP to give it to you. It’s not been considered good practice for many years now without brilliant evidence and a long list of significant side effects also. The other thing I would say is be aware the advice on steroid injections for other conditions is not within a few weeks either side of a covid jab and you should take that into account also

Soldato

No you can’t, it’s only done through private clinics now, if you’ve had a COVID jab in the last 30 days they recommend you wait until it’s been a full 30 days before having the kenalog jab.

Back
Top Bottom