XBOX Gamepass Ultimate conversion is back for £1

Associate
Hmm, 12 months EA £18 convert to 4 months £4.50 a month.
Ideally I want to do 3 years, is all very confusing.

The EA Access codes are the cheapest way of extending an existing and long GPU sub. As yours is due to expire on the 12th, the method you described with Live Gold codes is the way to go.

I’m not sure about EU codes, but I used Brazilian ones (with a VPN) when I did it last year, so I’d have thought EU codes would work similarly. There’s lots of good info in this thread, so it’s worth having a quick read through to clarify any uncertainty.

Soldato
You don't need to mess around buying regional subs, literally just need to use a VPN and you can enter and done. Don't even need to change country on Xbox or anything like that easy as pie.

A VPN is messing around. I guess no one on here has ever brought EU codes in 2021?

Soldato
A VPN is messing around. I guess no one on here has ever brought EU codes in 2021?

It really isn't messing around, slap it on and choose Brazil. Then login and redeem, it literally is the easiest thing ever even for people who aren't computer literate.

It's so easy I managed to get my 64 year old Dad to do it for my younger brother and he did it first time and said "oh that was easy". If you want the cheapest and easiest way to do it then that's it.

Tunnelbear chrome extension, choose brazil, log into microsoft redeem and redeem codes and voilah. Then turn VPN off and upgrade to ultimate for £1/£10.99 dependant on if you've done it before.

I could probably get my 83 and 92 year old grandads to do it without any bother.

/edit. If anything other than inputting right in to redeem is messing around, then maybe just go for the UK cost? I think anything other than UK needs a VPN.

Last edited:
Soldato
As far as I know there is no UK specific codes? seems to be WW or EU?

If its so easy what happened here?

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/posts/34661869 I seen many similar stories as well.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/posts/34454326
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/posts/34454108
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/posts/34283285

Seems all over the place peoples experience of it, but I am not configuring new vpns or installing new vpn software.

I can get EU code for similar cost for what people paid for brazil and someone on microsoft support has claimed UK can use EU codes so seems best bet.

Last edited:
Soldato
As far as I know there is no UK specific codes? seems to be WW or EU?

If its so easy what happened here?

Seems all over the place peoples experience of it, but I am not configuring new vpns or installing new vpn software.

It's very VPN dependant some on here have used their paid for VPN's and had no luck, then have tried chrome extension TunnelBear and worked first time. I don't know the in's and out's of why some VPN's just do not work and why TB always does.

I can get EU code for similar cost for what people paid for brazil and someone on microsoft support has claimed UK can use EU codes so seems best bet.

Then just do that mate there is no point in asking you've obviously ruled out your only other options and have spoken to an Microsoft rep to state it's ok to accept them.

By the way I just checked cdkeys and it's over £10 difference per card, i'd pay for ultimate even at £36 as even then it's stupidly good value but if I can save money I always will

Brazil 12 Month - £24.99

EU 12 Month - £35.99

Soldato
It's very VPN dependant some on here have used their paid for VPN's and had no luck, then have tried chrome extension TunnelBear and worked first time. I don't know the in's and out's of why some VPN's just do not work and why TB always does.

Then just do that mate there is no point in asking you've obviously ruled out your only other options and have spoken to an Microsoft rep to state it's ok to accept them.

By the way I just checked cdkeys and it's over £10 difference per card, i'd pay for ultimate even at £36 as even then it's stupidly good value but if I can save money I always will

Brazil 12 Month - £24.99

EU 12 Month - £35.99

I didnt check brazil I just looked what people paid on here for brazil at the time. :)

I do get what you saying but I just dont want to be setting uo new VPNs at the moment, I appreciate for others it will be fine for them.

Associate
I've just managed to grab a Series X from Smyths, literally a moment ago.

Question: I'm still on the fence between PS5 and Xbox. Rather than me immediately commit to 3 years Xbox Live and GPU, if I use a free 14 day GPU code to trial the service first - does that in any way exclude me from using the £1 conversion offer when the 14 day trial expires and may want to load up on the deal?

Last edited:
Soldato
I've just managed to grab a Series X from Smyths, literally a moment ago.

Question: I'm still on the fence between PS5 and Xbox. Rather than me immediately commit to 3 years Xbox Live and GPU, if I use a free 14 day GPU code to trial the service first - does that in nay way discount me from using the £1 conversion offer?

I'm not sure, as it's a trial though and not £1/£10.99 cost then it should be fine.

Soldato
Done it now 3 years, the prices went up a bit on cdkey sadly but still 1/3 of normal price, brazil would have been 1/4 so a little cheaper.

But I can confirm eu keys dont need a vpn, microsoft is using europe as region, rather than european union.

Soldato
If I want to do this today, can someone explain a steps guide?

Buy XBL code from Brazil? is it because Brazil so it's the cheapest?

Correct.

I was very unsure like yourself having only picked up an XBox a few days before New Years but essentially that's it.

I purchased 3x 12month codes from cdkeys for £29/30 each the Brazilian ones mind you. Then made sure I was logged into my Microsoft account closed my browser and reopened and used a VPN for Brazil and reloaded the redeem page and successfully redeemed each month. Just make sure not to sign up for automatic billing or whatever gives you the extra month as otherwise you won't be able to redeem all 3 as the max you can store is 36 months.

Then log out the VPN and go to the following address;

https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/live/gold/upgrade

Then redeem and it should convert 12/24/36 months into equal amount of Gamepass Ultimate for £1/£10.99 and you'll have immediate access to all games.

The above is what a few people have used and yes Brazil is the cheapest.

Associate
Thanks everyone for sharing this! I was paying for gamepass pc normally which I thought was great value but this is insane. You’d be mad not to do it.

Soldato
Okay, I've done it, have I done it right? It does say renew on 25th April 2024. Should I Turn off recurring Billing in case i forget to cancel or does that need to be on in order for the 3 years to be valid?

Looks like it - £1 billed and subbed up until 25/04/2024. Sorry I didn't answer your previous question been quite busy today.

Enjoy GPU for the next 3 years at <£100, what did you end up paying for the brazil codes?

Back
Top Bottom