What have you done to your car today?

Associate
Cleaned the windows in my A8 barge... one thing I hate, is cleaning glass! Anyone got any tips? :D. And oooof Gibbo, that vette looks mean!

Don
Attempted to have a new Windscreen fitted to the Focus by Autoglass.

They arrived with a heated screen, however apparently the wire for the heated element isn't long enough (Although their "tech centre" was adamant to the fitter that it was the correct screen)

:mad:

No idea what happens now or how long it will take, but apparently someone will be in touch

Soldato
A wheels off clean for the M140i, then claybar (as hadn't done on this car yet) then some of that Hybrid Ceramic Wax... took a while!

Tar and stuff, car was cleaned at this point! Just not done the clay bar yet.

tar.jpeg

After :)

clay.PNG

Soldato
Attempted to have a new Windscreen fitted to the Focus by Autoglass.

They arrived with a heated screen, however apparently the wire for the heated element isn't long enough (Although their "tech centre" was adamant to the fitter that it was the correct screen)

:mad:

No idea what happens now or how long it will take, but apparently someone will be in touch

I really hope I never need to ever have a replacement windscreen. Why does it so frequently seem like such a ballache?

Man of Honour
I really hope I never need to ever have a replacement windscreen. Why does it so frequently seem like such a ballache?

Manufacturers like to make it a ballache. I'm glad I got out of doing it 3 years ago. Ford seem enjoy doing thinks like "Oh this Focus has a heated screen and Sync but no auto wipers so lets put a screen it that has the Auto Wipers"

Soldato
Battery change on the sons Honda Jazz, what's all this stuff about 'retraining the ECU'? I just let it idle for a few minutes while I was setting the clock and radio code and it seems fine.

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
Changed the oil+filter, air filter, fuel filter and cabin filter in the Range Rover today. Not a bad job at all!

I also replaced the rear light clusters both sides - one was cracked, the other really full of water. Looks a lot better now :)

Soldato
How old is it? I don't think I've ever had a car new enough to do that. :p
2009, I read it on a car specific forum (yes there is one lol!) and they talk about all sorts of witchcraft after changing the battery. All a bit modern for me, and I didn't do any of it. Just wondered if it's some sort of internet myth or something!

Soldato
Done a couple of things over the past week or so, mainly cosmetic frippery to make the car look and feel a bit more up to date:
- Bought a new head unit with wireless Android Auto (Kenwood DMX8020DABS). Always wanted AA in my car, but had been holding out looking for a head unit that could do it wirelessly. Kenwood units have a capacitive touch screen too...much less frustrating to use than the last unit I had.
- The Valenti tail lights I bought second hand a couple of years ago developed a fault...4 of the indicator LEDs in one cluster were intermittently failing. Not really a big problem functionally, but it bugged the hell out of me. Bought a new set of VLAND lights which match the OEM clusters of the facelift cars. Sold the Valentis cheaply to another owner who had the patience and skill to fix the faulty LEDs, so not much out of pocket.
- Upgraded the front and rear indicators to use LEDs bulbs, matching the tails.
- Fitted a shark fin aerial. Again, something facelift cars already have.
- Washed it.

Next on the agenda, the wheels need refurbing. They were done 3 years ago, haven't kerbed them, but the lacquer is peeling on all 4.

hvpJ7Ha.jpg.png
cffWnG6.jpg.png uoe2xkg.jpg.png

Back
Top Bottom