• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Will you pre-order or buy a Rocket Lake CPU?

Soldato
Can't speak for everyone but I'm certainly very happy at this point with the AMD 6800XT/Intel setup.

Don't think I'll get the new Intel CPUs though, but to be fair I've not really researched them :)
TBH they seem a massive backwards step and it seems intel only released the so called 11th gen to try and stop more marketshare going to AMD, but that conversation is for another thread ;);)

Soldato
Rocket lake has another problem and this time it's not the cpu cores.

As it turns out, Intel have yet to actually release a video driver for Rocket lake - yea that's right, the iGPU on Rocket lake has no drivers and also funny is that Intel has no solid date for when a driver will be released right now it's just "a few weeks away"

Caporegime

As it turns out, Intel have yet to actually release a video driver for Rocket lake - yea that's right, the iGPU on Rocket lake has no drivers and also funny is that Intel has no solid date for when a driver will be released right now it's just "a few weeks away"

lol...

Soldato

Lol gets better and better

Soldato
I will be looking at 11400 for our aging office pcs they seem good value.
Do you really need a 6c/12t CPU for an office PC? And the 10400 is £30 cheaper, Ryzen 3200G is £50 cheaper.

Even for simple office use, I really can't see an argument for Rocket Lake, especially when Comet Lake is seeing big price drops to shift stock.

Associate
Do you really need a 6c/12t CPU for an office PC? And the 10400 is £30 cheaper, Ryzen 3200G is £50 cheaper.

Even for simple office use, I really can't see an argument for Rocket Lake, especially when Comet Lake is seeing big price drops to shift stock.

Some reports from the accounts package can take over a minute to run if I run the same report from my 9700k with pcie 3 SSD it runs about 10 x faster. Time is money if you get reports running faster invoices generating in less than a second rather than 3 seconds that saves staff time at £20.00 an hour so it will pay for itself and I can get more done per person.

Associate
Some reports from the accounts package can take over a minute to run if I run the same report from my 9700k with pcie 3 SSD it runs about 10 x faster. Time is money if you get reports running faster invoices generating in less than a second rather than 3 seconds that saves staff time at £20.00 an hour so it will pay for itself and I can get more done per person.

think yourself lucky we use a web based system once people start running reports it grinds everyone else to a halt

talk about frustrating for sales staff

Associate
think yourself lucky we use a web based system once people start running reports it grinds everyone else to a halt

talk about frustrating for sales staff

Exactly this some of our stuff is in the cloud and we got full fibre last year and it was a god send we had 2 adsl lines before 1 for VOIP and the other for general internet.

As you say it causes upset and wastes time paying staff to wait for the system so I think paying that bit extra is worth it the 11400 looks good for me and should last many years.

Associate
More oc gaming comparisons: A well oc’d 9900k will beat or match an oc’d 11900k in gaming. A 10900k will pull away even more so with games that core scale. A few niche cases like Minecraft the 11900k does really well in. Overall, if you overclock for gaming purposes primarily, get a 10900k with DR bdie and avoid rkl.

Man of Honour
Are you sure that’s not just the SSD making a difference?

Associate
More oc gaming comparisons: A well oc’d 9900k will beat or match an oc’d 11900k in gaming. A 10900k will pull away even more so with games that core scale. A few niche cases like Minecraft the 11900k does really well in. Overall, if you overclock for gaming purposes primarily, get a 10900k with DR bdie and avoid rkl.

it doesnt suprise me dont think the 11900 or 11700 are worth it

but to be fair only a tiny minority ever buy the top chips or even overclock them

Back
Top Bottom