Xbox S - first console in 10 years what do I need ?

Soldato
Hi all, I am sick of fielding Roblox and Minecraft pc issues on aging machine so thinking a Xbox series S will solve my problem.

I presume I can just get a console and then 12 months gold live access to allow the kids to go online?

Gamepass would be overkill... but moving forward if other games do appeal am I forced to pay whatever the MS store sell for ? Or can I buy CD style keys from other sites ?

Anything else to consider ..? I am happy with storage size and lack of 4k

Soldato
There's a thread on this page all about how to get gamepass legally on the cheap if you can be bothered faffing on with Brazilian VPNs. Personally I think it's cheap enough and good value as it is and you get a three month trial. You'd likely not have to buy your kids any games for at least a year if you look at it from that point of view. There are 100's.

You can buy Live, MS points, full games and DLC's fully legit from CD Keys and places like it.

Edit - I presume most home internet plans in the UK are quota free these days? Kids + gamepass = lots of data downloaded.

Soldato
As above S is meant for game pass really, if that's not on your agenda I'd be opting for series X.

You can buy store credit to make buying digital xbox games cheaper which does help I guess

Soldato
OP
There's a thread on this page all about how to get gamepass legally on the cheap if you can be bothered faffing on with Brazilian VPNs. Personally I think it's cheap enough and good value as it is and you get a three month trial. You'd likely not have to buy your kids any games for at least a year if you look at it from that point of view. There are 100's.

You can buy Live, MS points, full games and DLC's fully legit from CD Keys and places like it.

Edit - I presume most home internet plans in the UK are quota free these days? Kids + gamepass = lots of data downloaded.

can you link me to the gamepass thread just out of interest?

Soldato
On the Live Gold vs Game Pass front, you may as well get Game Pass even if you don't want to start mucking about with VPNs and stuff. New customers can convert up to three years of Live Gold to Game Pass Ultimate (which includes Live Gold) for £1.

And Minecraft is included in Game Pass, so no need to buy that while the Game Pass membership is active.

Also worth noting that Game Pass Ultimate also includes the cloud gaming service. So in the event they want to play different things, one can use the Xbox and the other can use an Android device (or soon a PC or IOS device).

Soldato
OP
Ok so I purchased 12months gold and then converted to game pass.

Issue. I added my son as a second users on Xbox but he does not have access to game pass. Is it limited to one account / profile ?

Back
Top Bottom