• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3060 locked on boost at idle

Soldato
hey,

I have just noticed, (been fine all day) my GPU according to MSI AfterBurner has peaked on load, at idle? :confused:

2NsisTO.jpg

if anyone can give some pointers to sort so it goes back back to idle that would be great!

Thanks!

Soldato
Go to windows power management and set it to balanced mode. Then go into nvidia control panel and look for the setting that allows you to set power management. Set it to balanced instead of maximum performance.

if you want it set to maximum performance for games then you’ll need to do it for each individual game rather than as a global setting.

This is what i did to fix it when i had this issue.

Soldato
OP
Go to windows power management and set it to balanced mode. Then go into nvidia control panel and look for the setting that allows you to set power management. Set it to balanced instead of maximum performance.

if you want it set to maximum performance for games then you’ll need to do it for each individual game rather than as a global setting.

This is what i did to fix it when i had this issue.

thanks, done that but nothing changing? i checked the task manager and there is very little CPU / GPU load?

Back
Top Bottom