• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia Re-Size Bar/SAM support is live for some cards, more in March - 10% performance gains

Soldato
The annoyance I have now is when my card is booted in uefi mode my bios is in low resolution, text is blury quite badly. It is odd as the actual post screen is higher resolution, but it switches on entering the bios. In CSM mode it was all nice and sharp. Also the windows boot menu is now in a small centred part of screen, not full screen anymore.

Bios doesnt let me force the resolution either, its either auto or force low resolution.

And this is exactly why I don't do these things to much hassle .

Soldato
The annoyance I have now is when my card is booted in uefi mode my bios is in low resolution, text is blury quite badly. It is odd as the actual post screen is higher resolution, but it switches on entering the bios. In CSM mode it was all nice and sharp. Also the windows boot menu is now in a small centred part of screen, not full screen anymore.

Bios doesnt let me force the resolution either, its either auto or force low resolution.

And this is exactly why I don't do these things to much hassle .

Must be a bad Motherboard as the few I have had in last 5/6 years have all had a suitable UI that display fine no matter what monitor I have. Bring back the old blue one I say ! ;)

In any case LOL how long do you spend looking at the BIOS ? What does it matter how it looks like as long as it lets you change the options once in a blue moon. Stick the BIOS Boot logo on and forget it once you changed the options. Some people seem to moan for nothing. ;)

Soldato
I see you used Asrock Fatality K6 Z370 and I been googled Asrock UEFI low resolution for 2 hours and almost gave up until I found a solution with last link to visited.

http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4322&PN=2&title=z270-extreme-4-full-hd-not-working

Interesting, but sadly if CSM is enabled, then CAM is also disabled, even if video is set to UEFI.

Also if using NVME, storage needs to be UEFI as well, when I tried the combo of video UEFI, storage UEFI, and the 3rd option as legacy, the problem persisted on my machine. :( I only get a HD bios with legacy video.

Associate
So, after a complete mission getting it setup.. resizable bar is enabled.

Playing at 4K with a 3090 and 5950x.

F1 2020 is noticeably higher framerates. Locked at 144fps max settings.

Assassins Creed Valhalla. Max settings. Can't really tell the difference. Freezes or crash to desktop constantly. Doesn't do it when MSI afterburner is not running.

Maybe oc software needs an update for resizable bar or some kind of fix?

Other games, can't really tell the difference. Just a small percentage change as expected.

They need to sort the crashing thing out and I have seen others reporting on forums having flickering issues and other such things.

Will stick with it and see what a new oc software or Nvidia display driver brings.

Soldato
I think I will wait until I see reports of this working for my limited use cases in the wild.

I'm on Zen2 and none of the driving sims I run are on the supported list.

Associate
Love the SAM feature, beating 6900xt regularly in 4k in red benchmarks.
Got a 10% in forza at 1440p easy.
Hash mining rate has stayed constant and games feel more smooth than ever.

Easily installed too, quick bios, new driver, done.

Caporegime
So, after a complete mission getting it setup.. resizable bar is enabled.

Playing at 4K with a 3090 and 5950x.

F1 2020 is noticeably higher framerates. Locked at 144fps max settings.

Assassins Creed Valhalla. Max settings. Can't really tell the difference. Freezes or crash to desktop constantly. Doesn't do it when MSI afterburner is not running.

Maybe oc software needs an update for resizable bar or some kind of fix?

Other games, can't really tell the difference. Just a small percentage change as expected.

They need to sort the crashing thing out and I have seen others reporting on forums having flickering issues and other such things.

Will stick with it and see what a new oc software or Nvidia display driver brings.

lol

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
tenor.gif

Soldato
I tried enabling this a few days ago and ran into massive problems. Despite my boot drive being GPT I cannot get my PC to boot with CSM disabled. With AHCI selected it only boots directly to bios.

I only realised this after I got a black screen with no option to even enter bios.... If i hadn't been able to pull the 1070 out of my daughter's PC to troubleshoot I think I'd have been completely stuffed.

Permabanned
You must have something that needs CSM then, what cards you got plugged in (soundcard etc)?

I would have thought it would boot but the device would be simply be missing.

Soldato
You must have something that needs CSM then, what cards you got plugged in (soundcard etc)?

I would have thought it would boot but the device would be simply be missing.
No idea. I spent hours trying to get it to work. I don't get 'boot device not found' or anything. It just boots back to bios every time.

I've got the 3070, a Soundblaster AE-9 and a wi-fi card in the PCIe slots. The boot disk is an NVME SSD and I have two other SATA SSDs for data.

Back
Top Bottom